The Property Manager has responsibility for the on-site day-to-day activities/functions on a large single property or multiple properties (depending on size, location, and type). This includes maintaining property appearance and condition, tenant relations, creating and maintaining property financials, leasing support, collections, and managing tenant improvement and/or capital activities.
- At least seven years’ experience in property management, commercial real estate preferred
- Four year degree or equivalent experience
- RPA, CPM or CCIM designation preferred
- Real Estate License preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and advanced Excel skills
- Proficient in MRI or other real estate accounting software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a self-starter, self-disciplined, and highly organized
- Must have a strong work ethic and be team-oriented and highly dependable
- Must be able to physically visit and inspect all areas of the property
- Proficient in Angus Anywhere or other tenant work order system
- Accounts Receivables: Understands the status of the receivables, maintains ultimate responsibility for resolution of tenant collection issues, reviews and approves late fees in accordance with the terms of the lease, sends default notices, and pursues legal actions to collect delinquent balances when necessary. Completes quarterly bad debt reporting with “no reserve” forms, tenant adjustment, write-off, and refund forms when necessary. Reviews & approves monthly rent-up.
- Accounts Payables: Reviews and approves invoices (including building credit card statements, direct report’s expense reports, and TI/Capital invoices) per policies and procedures, ensuring appropriate supporting documentation is included and charges are accurate and allocated correctly. Works with tax consultant and Asset Manager to aggressively appeal tax assessments. Approves tenant refunds per policies and procedures
- Property Financials: Supports the Property Accounting team in the monthly close process by ensuring unpaid invoices are accrued, and incorrectly coded expenses are reclassed. Ensures the annual estimates and escalations are completed in accordance to the lease terms. Completes monthly variance and capital reporting, annual capital plans and operating budgets, and reforecasts. Keeps abreast on market conditions and rental rates, remaining a resource for Asset Management.
- Lease Administration: Understands the lease terms and obligations specifically knowing terms for exercising lease options, prepares commencement letters, monitors and communicates changes in lease information (move in dates, vacate dates, month to month leases) to Lease Admin and Asset Management as necessary. Ensures letters of credit and tenant deposits are maintained, and reviews and approves tenant’s lease profiles per policies and procedures.
- Building Maintenance, Construction, and Security: Responsible for maintaining the appearance and condition of the property by hiring appropriate vendors (soliciting and reviewing bids, preparing contracts, monitoring activities and the project schedule, and tracking the budget). This includes managing day to day maintenance, capital, and TI projects. Oversee the preventive maintenance program with engineers, and ensure building energy management systems are fully utilized. Monitor janitorial work orders and ensure they are completed. Conduct quarterly engineering and janitorial building inspections. Achieve and maintain building designations (i.e. BOMA360, Energy Star, LEED, TOBY, etc.) and pursue energy savings and green initiatives as directed by Regional Manager or department head. Ensure a sound Security and Emergency Preparedness plan is in place. Review and submit insurance incident reporting forms.
- Tenant Relations: Maintains ownership of the customer relationship and is responsible for developing and implementing a tenant visitation program, maintaining relations with tenants and ensuring the timely resolution of tenant requests. Reviews bi-annual Kingsley Associates survey responses and implements an Action Plan as directed by Regional Manager. Assists Asset Management with leasing activities by attending prospective tenant showings, supporting leasing/re-leasing activities, and reviewing draft lease language. Monitors tenant move in and move out procedures.
- Employee Management: Supervise property management support staff (Assistant Property Manager, Tenant Services Coordinator, Property Administrator) where applicable. Partner with General Manager, Regional Manager, and/or Human Resources to hire, train, and discipline employees, as well as foster team building. Approve time off requests and timesheets, and complete performance evaluations and goal setting.
- Other: Proactively remain involved in the local community and real estate organizations (i.e. BOMA, NAIOP, etc.) and maintain relations with the brokerage community.
Piedmont Office Realty Trust offers a competitive salary, bonus and comprehensive benefits program, as well as the opportunity to grow with an organization that values integrity, respect and excellence.
- Property Management
5+ to 7 years