Invesco is a leading global asset management firm with more than $937B* in assets under management. We provide our retail and institutional clients a diverse and comprehensive range of investment capabilities to help people get more out of life. Invesco is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (IVZ) and has about 7,000 employees in over 20 countries.
(*As of December 31, 2017)
Job Purpose (Job Summary):
The general role of the Underwriter is to work with the Head of Underwriting and the regional Origination Officers to underwrite all new debt transactions and occasionally equity transactions entering IRE’s pipeline and manage the process throughout the various stages of the acquisition process.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Valuation analysis of potential originations of institutional quality multi-family, industrial, office, retail and hospitality properties
- Lead the creation of thorough and concise investment packages that are presented to the Invesco Investment Committee, performing and providing all support for assumptions utilized during the process
- Effectively identify and articulate the major risks associated with an investment opportunity in both verbal and written format
- Perform and provide expertise on all aspects of the financial modeling, focusing on unleveraged, leveraged and structured analysis of institutional real estate, as well as loan cash flows, structure and credit metrics when applicable.
- Verifiable Excel modeling expertise is a significant advantage
- Research and formulate corporate tenant credit analysis using multiple resources including financial statements and other online financial services
- Conduct due diligence and research market conditions including physical assessment, location assessment, rent comparables, sales comparables and replacement costs
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience in the underwriting of equity and/or debt investments in commercial real estate
- Must be a power user of Argus and Excel, with skill level verified through an externally administered exam a significant advantage
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience underwriting properties in the Western U.S.
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Must have excellent writing skills, demonstrated via submitted samples
- Must have strong quantitative analysis skills
- Must have strong organizational and verbal communication skills
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Undergraduate degree is required, advanced degree or applicable experience a plus
FLSA (US Only): Exempt
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco's culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
- Financial Analysis
- Alternative Investments
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.