At JLL we are always looking for great talent in Dallas, TX. The description listed below is for a position we will recruit for in the near future, and is not a current need. If you are a fit for this position, we will contact you as soon as we begin actively recruiting for it.
If you would like to stay up to date on positions at JLL, please join our Talent Network.
The General Manager will manage properties as directed by the property owners and in accordance with the standards and procedures of JLL. The General Manager (GM) functions as the professional-in-charge of the specific asset(s) under management. As the lead professional, the GM is responsible for all aspects of client and tenant satisfaction. Of specific importance is achieving stated financial results (NOI and cash flow) and operating objectives (leasing, capital improvements, system enhancements, tenant satisfaction, operating expense control, etc.). The GM is responsible for working directly with the client to ensure a thorough understanding of its investment objectives and the development of acceptable property-specific strategic plans of an operating and capital budget. Once developed, the GM must oversee the implementation of approved initiatives and programs by managing and coordinating the efforts of the property team (e.g. leasing specialists, vendors, and contractors). The GM provides excellent communication (both written and verbal) to both building owners and tenants to ensure an ongoing, successful relationship.
Conduct regular action agenda meetings with building owner. Prepare Annual Property Business Plan and re-forecasts according to the requirements of the owner. Coordinates all services and purchases in accordance with Annual Business Plan and specific spending guidelines.
The GM is responsible for working directly with the client and Group Manager to ensure a thorough understanding of its investment objectives and the development of acceptable property-specific strategic plans and operating and capital budgets. Once developed, the GM must oversee the implementation of approved initiatives and programs by managing and coordinating the efforts of the property team (e.g. leasing specialists, vendors, contractors, and building employees).
The GM is responsible for the management, supervision, and professional development of all building personnel (e.g., Chief Engineer and engineering staff, Property Administrator, etc.). Ensure 100% compliance with Jones Lang LaSalle IPMP process and coordinate with immediate supervisor and HR to address any personnel performance issues. Maintain all personnel files and approve timesheets, distribute checks, and file payroll registers. Additionally, the GM is responsible for representing Jones Lang LaSalle Americas, Inc. in the local and regional business and real estate community in order to promote Jones Lang LaSalle’s reputation and capabilities to prospective tenants and clients.
Area of Responsibility
Key Elements and Essential Tasks
- Develops, gains consensus for, and implements the Management Plan for assigned assets.
- Assist in completing the Management Audit.
- Assist CAS in the development of written policies and procedures for tenant rent collections and extension of credit terms to tenants within client parameters. Participates in second level collection discussions and writes default letters consistent with obligations and rights within the Lease. Reviews account aging reports to ascertain status of collections and balances outstanding and to evaluate effectiveness of current collection policies and procedures. With approval from the client, submits tenant accounts to attorney or agency for collection. Assists with eviction of tenants in compliance with court order and directions from specified attorney and client.
- Inspects facilities and equipment to determine extent of service and equipment required. Recommends, justifies, develops and coordinates projects that enhance the value of the office buildings. Assigns employees or vendors to duties such as maintenance, repair, or renovation and obtains bids for additional work from outside contractors pursuant to client and JLL guidelines. Notifies tenants of special projects, emergencies, or other requests.
- Works with Chief Engineer to assign employees to duties such as maintenance, repair, or renovation and obtains bids for additional work from outside contractors, pursuant to client and Jones Lang LaSalle guidelines. Capable of managing major construction projects such as lobby renovations, garage membrane resurfacing, elevator upgrades, façade repairs, etc. Reviews construction specifications or plans, obtaining advice from the Chief Engineer, Operating Engineers and/or engineering/design consultants. Oversee all preventative maintenance programs. Prioritize day-to-day operations and provide direction to engineering staff.
- Supports Leasing Specialist in the preparation of lease and/or rental agreements and is responsible for lease administration process. Upon execution of the Lease, GM assists the Project Manager (if applicable) in the tenant construction coordination process, prepares the set-up of accounting information to collect specified rents and develops lease abstracts. Maintains intimate knowledge of lease agreements; ensures compliance from an accounting standpoint and acts upon from an operations point of view. Participate in review of lease proposals and lease language, lease discussions, and negotiations. Assist in managing tenant option rights and information.
- Employs or contracts for onsite management and engineering personnel, as delineated within the operating budget, management plan and/or management services agreement. Submits hiring recommendations to Group Manager for approval.
- Competitively bids and prepares all service contracts to assure high quality and cost effective services. Assembles and analyzes contract bids, and submits bids, recommendations and standard form contract agreement to Vice President for execution. Acts as primary contact for service contractors and vendors. Participates in group bid process as appropriate. Ensures that all legal agreements have been fully executed by tenant and ownership.
- Oversee Real Estate Tax protest process.
- Approves purchases of supplies and equipment for use at managed office buildings.
- Identify and initiate process improvements for all current property systems.
- Experience in budget preparation/financial reporting, familiarity with building systems, lease negotiation, documentation and administration.
- Associates or Bachelor degree required and advanced degree a plus.
Years of relevant experience
- Minimum of seven (7) years of commercial real estate or property management experience
- Must have at least three (3) to four (4) year experience at managing people; specifically a staff of three (3) or more.
Skills and knowledge
- COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret legal documents (lease documents, claims of lien, etc.), general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to produce well-written reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from senior level management, clients, customers, peers and the general public.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, prorations, percentages, basic calculation of measurement of rent, parking fees, late fees, and volume. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to analyze, interpret and explain financial statements and calculate dollar and percentage variances. Possesses proven financial and accounting acumen.
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability and respond to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Strategic thinker with strong implementation orientation.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES :
Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office/Suite, and any other software program or piece of technology identified as standard for Jones Lang LaSalle or requested by the Client. Must have working knowledge in various budget applications. Must be able to travel to several different sites within a local region.
- LEED AP/Accreditation required within the first six months of assuming the position. Must maintain active accreditation once earned.
- Real Estate license required within the first six months of assuming the position. Must maintain active license once earned.
- CPM and/or RPA designation desirable.
Physical work requirements and work conditions
In compliance with The American’s with Disabilities Act (ADA), the General Manager’s responsibilities are such that in order to perform the required work in a safe and satisfactory manner, the following minimum physical requirements apply:
- Is regularly required to sit for long periods of time.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Reading Video Display Terminals, order forms and other written documents.
- Lifting a minimum of thirty-five (35) pounds.
- Using and accessing stairwells during emergencies.
- Using keyboards for typing and computer input.
- Hearing, speaking and answering the office telephone system.
- Property Management
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.