About the Company: Pacific Urban Residential (‘PUR’) is an industry leading multi-family investment firm and pension fund manager. Headquartered in Northern California’s innovative Silicon Valley, PUR is focused exclusively on the multi-family rental space. The firm has successfully deployed well-timed strategies to the benefit of its institutional partners and stakeholders throughout the Western United States. Since its inception in 1998, Pacific has completed over $5 billion in apartment transactions on behalf of its own account and those of its strategic institutional partners. Today, PUR has four offices along the West Coast, with over forty professionals and an owned apartment portfolio in excess of $3 billion.
Pacific Urban Residential investment strategies include the acquisition and renovation of 10 - 30 year old “vintage” communities, as well as the acquisition of multi-family investments for current cash flow and long-term appreciation.
Pacific Urban Residential is an affiliate of The Marcus and Millichap Companies.
Job Description: Currently operating throughout California and Washington, Pacific Urban Residential invests in existing multifamily properties. The firm is backed by one of the nation's largest real estate companies and enjoys strategic relationships with some of the largest multifamily investors in the United States.
We are currently seeking a candidate to fill the position of Investment Analyst in our Orange County office. The ideal candidate will have the analytical skills to accurately underwrite prospective multifamily investments, along with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Additionally, strong interpersonal abilities are needed to interface with brokers, owners, and internal executives. These types of positions are best suited for candidates with long term aspirations of becoming Investment Officers with sourcing responsibilities.
Primary Responsibilities & Duties:
- Create and prepare valuations for potential acquisitions utilizing Microsoft Excel – using our internal models to incorporate market data, your initiative and intuition into each valuation
- Research and analyze numerous submarkets, both from the desk and “in the field," to gain intimate knowledge of targeted opportunities
- Track rent, sales, and new development activities in each of the submarkets
- Conduct and coordinate due diligence activities involving the audit of leases and financial operations, analysis of market competitors, synthesis of third party reports, assessment of physical deficiencies and renovation opportunities
- Prepare and present materials to Pacific’s Investment Committee
- Participate in various analytical projects as required in the Investments Department
- Some travel will be required
- May perform other duties as needed
Education, Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1 - 2 years of relevant experience and sound fundamental knowledge of financial analysis; experience with real estate valuations a plus
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel required, as well as proficiency with MS Word and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability in interpersonal and business communications; excellent writing skills required
- Base Salary commensurate with experience
- Incentive bonus based on individual and company performance
- For consideration, please reply to this job posting
- No phone calls or emails to members of the firm
- Pacific would like to thank you for applying; however, due to the volume of responses received, only qualified candidates will receive a response
- Local candidates only, no relocation expenses provided
- Research/Market Analysis
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.