A well-established commercial real estate company is seeking an enthusiastic Assistant Property Manager to help manage and oversee a portfolio of Class A commercial office property in Santa Rosa. Candidate should have knowledge of property management and operations in an office setting.
Under the direction and management of the Senior Property Managers, the Assistant Property Manager is responsible for the day-to-day administration and implementation of those policies, procedures and programs that will ensure well managed and well-maintained properties. The Assistant Property Manager will be assigned to specified action areas at the discretion of the Senior Property Managers to best meet the needs of the portfolio.
- Assists with overseeing and coordinating property management, maintenance, and construction activities associated with commercial tenants.
- Responsible for the prompt and positive response to requests from tenants, for the implementation of ongoing contract programs, to constantly assess tenant needs and to assure problems are being solved promptly, and to the mutual benefit of the tenant and properties, including preparing, dispatching and tracking tenant work orders.
- May be engaged in the selection of contract services, vendor negotiations for service agreements and day-to-day monitoring of vendor performance to assure full compliance with standards established within the respective service agreements, including Certificates of Insurance.
- May assist the Senior Property Managers in preparing budgets, annual operating expense reconciliations, timelines and business plans to meet property management requirements.
- Assist in the accounting process which may include, but is not limited to, completing property management / accounting forms as required, coding invoices, reviewing Accounts Receivable reports, and assisting in the collection of rents.
- May perform daily and monthly property inspections at the direction and guidance of the Senior Property Managers.
- Involved in the administration of all tenant leases to assure full compliance with lease provisions, including Certificates of Insurance.
- Answers telephone, screens calls, transfer callers to voice mail, or take messages to facilitate communications and contacts.
- Participate in various meetings and training activities as designated by the Senior Property Managers or higher-level management.
- Other duties as assigned including special projects as requested by management.
- Experience in and working knowledge of business/office administration
- Ability to handle general administration of the property in the absence of the Senior Property Managers, or when otherwise called upon
- Strong written and verbal skills, with the ability to produce communications and other materials that are effective and of a professional nature
- Computer proficiency with strong knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel, and the ability to learn new business specific software programs as needed; Timberline experience a plus
- Self-starter with strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with multiple deadlines, and adapt readily to changing priorities
- Ability to deliver superior customer service to tenants and clients
- Ability to maintain an approachable, friendly demeanor when working with competing priorities and demands
- Must be able to develop effective working relationships with co-workers, vendors, contractors, and tenants
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Property/Facilities Management, Commercial experience preferred
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Professional office environment using standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
- Active working role: standing, walking property, some sitting, administrative desk duties, and supply maintenance which will require the ability to lift files and supplies, open cabinets, bend, crouch, stand, and walk
- Must be able to pass a background screening
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to legally work in the United States
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Not a supervisory role
- Full-time position, Monday through Friday
- Occasional overtime possible
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Portfolio Management
- Property Management
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job