We’re JLL. We’re a professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. As a Fortune 500 company, we help real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions.
We have nearly 300 corporate offices across 80 countries, with a team of more than 80,000 individuals. And we look after a property portfolio of over 4 billion square feet, all on behalf of our clients.
If you’re looking to step up your career, JLL is the perfect professional home. With us, you’ll have a chance to innovate with the world’s leading businesses, put that expertise into action on landmark projects, and work on game-changing real estate initiatives. You’ll also make long-lasting professional connections and be inspired by the best. We’re focused on opportunity and want to help you make the most of yours. Achieve your ambitions—join us at JLL!
Currently, we are seeking an Occupancy Planner to join our team in South San Fran.
The positions goal is to manage the supply, capacity and demand of Client’s portfolio of space in a specific, geographic region.
Within the geography, can answer: how much space is currently available, what are the workplace conditions, and what are bottom-up seat count projections by group? Specifically, the responsibilities include:
- Provides a single point of contact for geography-related planning questions;
- Reports the bottoms-up seat count projections by business unit for a rolling, three-year planning horizon and works with Sr. Occupancy Planner(s) to reconcile discrepancies with tops-down projections; (PFF = Population Forecast Form)
- Tracks and reports projected versus actual seat counts;
- Provides geographic stacking diagrams by location, by building and by floor;
- Reports the current supply and capacity, and forecasts inventory changes for a rolling three-year timeframe;
- Maintains and secures business units’ agreement to geographic stacking plans;
- Develops preliminary program requirements for each department (by building, if necessary);
- Develops migration plans and sequencing of group-level moves / relocations;
- Educates local contacts on planning and space policies/standards, procedures and protocols, and notifies planning manager if they are not being followed;
- Forecasts order of magnitude scopes, schedules and budgets for project moves planned to occur based on stacking plans / strategy;
- Ensures planning is aligned with corporate guidelines, and that all scenarios maximize use of space;
- Recommends and enforces space policies/standards, procedures and protocols;
- Develops, maintains and reports space allocation plans, and if applicable, issues space allocation reports.
- Participates in Audits (including seat assignments, occupancy, vacancy, labs & equipment). Present Audit Data to Senior OP & Leadership.
- Implement/Sell the Mobility Program, including conducting Dark Space Studies, Work style Surveys, iPlan recommendations.
- Measure, Monitor and report cost saving and value added contributions
- Assist in developing site-specific Planning Strategies with Senior Leadership.
In addition to providing the information listed above, the management responsibilities of this role include:
- Compile Quarterly Report Data
- Field Verify Occupancy Planning Data
- Attends kick-off meetings for new real estate acquisitions, major renovation projects and project moves; and
- Facilitates communication between other occupancy planners, planning assistants, CAD administrators, and other Jones Lang LaSalle team members.
- Assists in Issuing the Quarterly Report: The quarterly report includes: headcount projections, supply and capacity information and the status of major initiatives (a real estate action plan) for the portfolio; monthly space allocation data, group block plans.
- Facilitates and/or resolves issues identified in the weekly planning meeting;
- Attends kick-off meetings for new real estate acquisitions, major renovation projects and project moves;
- Facilitates communication between other occupancy planners, planning assistants, CAD administrators, and other Jones Lang LaSalle team members; and
- Provides performance review input for planning assistants and CAD administrators.
To ensure accurate reporting of information, and foster critical relationships between various individuals and organizations, communication channels will exist with:
- Group-level leaders to collect seat count forecasts, and resolve seat count forecast discrepancies;
- Sr. Occupancy Planner(s) to review and resolve geography-specific forecasts, needs, concerns, and issues;
- Planning assistants and CAD administrators to ensure accuracy of planning database information; and
- Planning assistants and CAD administrators to review and resolve campus/building-specific forecasts, needs, concerns, and issues;
- Project Management / Facility Management to review stacking strategies, and to provide workload forecast related to project moves that are planned to occur based on stacking plans / strategy.
- Collaborate with Project Management, Facility Management and Transactions on all Site Rationalization Efforts
- Bachelor's degree in architecture, construction management, design or related field with a minimum of three to five years or experience in a corporate environment.
- Architecture / Design
- Interior Design
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job