The Property Manager ensures that assigned retail properties are operated and maintained in a cost-effective, safe and efficient manner as per the operating parameters and standards of BGIS. The incumbent is accountable for the financial and operational performance of the assigned facility management zone and acts as the primary BGIS representative for day to day contact with the tenant. In addition, the Property Manager will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing tenant relationships and BGIS’ branding.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs financial control activities, including the development of annual operating budgets, performing monthly budget analyses and re-forecasting allocations (as necessary) in order to meet PI targets.
- Responsible for all relevant tenant communications. Provide excellent tenant service. Respond to tenant requests/problems in a timely and courteous manner, and follow-up with the tenant to ensure satisfactory resolution of the issue.
- Prepares strategic analysis of properties considering financial indicators, market analysis and long-term project plans including development of project justifications..
- Performs Annual Building Inspection (ABI) activities.
- Ensures that there is 24-hour emergency coverage for the property at all times.
- Reviews preventative and corrective maintenance schedules and oversees maintenance activities.
- Assists in sub-contractor activities for goods and services, including preparation of sow for tender documents, and monitoring sub-contractor performance as per BGIS process and procedures.
- Accountable for the Fire, Life, health & safety of operations within the building
- Oversees the Facility Management Zone (FMZ), including the prioritization of departmental tasks / deadlines and balances employee workloads.
- Leads & develops property management employees, including directing activities, establishing goals and objectives, performance evaluation and communicating vision for operations and maintenance.
- Manages inspection & audit process for services delivered
- Manages & reports non-conformances & critical incidents
EDUCATION, JOB-RELATED YEARS OF EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
MINIMUM EDUCATION: Community college diploma or equivalent training (e.g. CPM, RPA, FMA)
JOB-RELATED EXPERIENCE: More than five years up to ten years
Knowledge & Skills
- Demonstrated analytical, conceptual thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong relationship management skills and customer service orientation.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel.
- 3+ years of directly relevant Commercial Real Estate Property Management experience.
- Security level 2 clearance
Licenses and/or Professional Accreditation
- CFM through IFMA
- CPM through Institute of Real Estate Management
- FMA Designation through BOMI
- RPA through BOMI
- Facilities Management
- Property Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.