About the Company: Meridian is a California-based developer who invests in medical and general office value-add and ground-up development real estate opportunities throughout the Western United States. Meridian is an affiliate of The Marcus & Millichap Company, the parent company of a diversified group of real estate companies in the commercial investment, service and development industry.
Job Description: The Acquisitions Analyst’s primary duties include conducting desktop and field research, analyzing prospective value-add and development real estate investment opportunities, creating presentations for capital providers, as well as assisting with the oversight of Meridian’s portfolio of assets.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Run financial models on investment opportunities utilizing Argus and Excel.
- Analyze prospective deals and evaluate them relative to the respective market at both a desktop level (CoStar, LoopNet, Offering Memorandums), as well as in the field (site tours, property visits).
- Periodically visit and analyze trade areas to understand the specific submarkets for supply and vacancy trends, comparable property identification, and potential acquisitions.
- Maintain a lease and sales comp database in sufficient detail to be able to adjust for apples-to-apples comparisons in targeted submarkets.
- Obtain/investigate lease and sale comps as needed for analysis, recommendation, and underwriting of prospective properties.
- Prepare Letters of Intent (LOI) and assist in negotiation of offers with brokers and owners.
- Prepare information packages for debt and equity providers for prospective deals.
- Populate monthly and quarterly asset management reports.
- Assist with disposition and refinance analyses when needed for Meridian’s existing portfolio of assets.
- Assist with miscellaneous business development, corporate finance, and marketing tasks to increase deal flow and operational efficiency.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree with a quantitative focus is preferred.
- 0-3 years of experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated interest in real estate, finance, capital markets or investing.
- Self-starter with the ability to be detail orientated.
- Advanced knowledge of computer systems including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Ability to prioritize, plan, organize, and coordinate work assignments, and simultaneously coordinate multiple tasks.
Supervisory / Management Responsibilities:
- Normal office environment.
Other Important Data:
- May have the option to work in Meridian’s San Ramon (CA), Newport Beach (CA) or Dallas (TX) office.
- Position will require travel for approximately 3-5 days each month.
- Financial Analysis
- Research/Market Analysis
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.