We are looking for an energetic professional who doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats. Who is experienced in handling a wide range of administrative/executive support and accounting related tasks. Someone who is able to work independently with little or no supervision. This person is well organized and flexible and enjoys the challenges of supporting an office of diverse people.
Responsibilities include communication management, general accounting & budgeting, vender & supply management, general HR, Payroll, and other duties as assigned.
Ultimately, the Office manager should be able to ensure the smooth running of the office and help to improve company procedures and day-to-day operation.
Office Management Responsibilities:
- Point person for
- Equipment & IT
- Office Accounting
- Responsible for assisting with HR policy development and maintenance
- Organize office operations and procedures
- Manage relationships with vendors, service providers and landlord, ensuring that all items are invoiced and paid on time
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers and office lease
- Provide general support to visitors & staff
- Establish a historical reference for the office by outlining procedures for protection, retention, record disposal, retrieval and staff transfers
- Responsible for developing and implementing office policies by setting up procedures and standards to guide the operation of the office
- Ensure that results are measured against standards, while making necessary changes along the way
- Perform review and analysis of special projects and keep the management properly informed
- Responsible for providing orientation and training to new employees
- Participate actively in the planning and execution of company events
- Responsible for developing standards and promoting activities that enhance operational procedures
- Responsible for assisting with Ad-Hoc requests from Project Owners
- Coordinate office staff activities to ensure maximum efficiency
- Design/implement & Maintain Office files & relevant procedures
- Ensure security, integrity and confidentiality of data
- Implement procedural and policy changes to improve operational efficiency
- Prepare operational reports and schedules to ensure efficiency
- Coordinate schedules, appointments and bookings
- Monitor and maintain office supplies inventory
- Handle customer inquiries and complaints
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment
- Responsible for Office Payroll administration
- Responsible for Office and Project basic accounting
- AP & GL entries
- Banking maintenance
- Responsible for ensuring office financial objectives are met by preparing annual budget for the office, planning the expenditures, analyzing variances and carrying out necessary corrections that may arise
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the Construction Integrated Job Cost and General Ledger Software Accounting Systems of the company. Proficient in other computer software systems for the preparation of reports, spreadsheets and other accounting analysis that may be required by management
- Maintains the general ledger and subsidiary ledger accounts under US GAAP, including preparing and posting journal entries for multiple entities
- Prepares monthly cash journal entries, including debt payments, ACH and wire transfer transactions
- Maintain all company operating, payroll, savings and investment banking accounts including deposits, disbursements, and balancing
- Process and issue all accounts payable and subcontractor payments.
- Assist and review with management employees Health Insurance, 401K Questions.
- Perform fiscal year end accounting close outs with CPA.
- Process employee year end W2's and 1099 Forms distributing to employee/payee and appropriate Federal and State Agencies.
- To verify subcontractors and vendors meet all requirements of contract agreement prior to any payments.
- To maintain all accounting files and records on each project.
- To interface with Project Managers to accurately charge & code invoices to proper Job Cost and General Ledger.
- Have a thorough knowledge of Procedures Manual
- QuickBooks (Required)
- MS Office Suite - Excel in particular (Required)
- Accounting 1-3 years (Required)
- Experience with GL, AP,AR, Insurance, HR, Payroll (Required)
- Familiar with Google G-Suite (Gmail & Calendar in particular)
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Knowledge of accounting and administrative management practices and procedures
- Knowledge of human resources management practices and procedures
- Knowledge of business and management principles
- Computer skills and knowledge of office software packages
BS Accounting Degree (preferred) or working towards an Accounting degree
- Accounting / Control
- General Management and C-Suite
1+ to 2 years
Apply for this job