CrossHarbor Capital Partners is a real estate focused private equity firm that invests in a wide variety of opportunistic and value-oriented commercial real estate transactions where the conditions exist for compelling absolute returns over a short and medium duration. The firm invests throughout the United States in single property transactions and multiple property portfolios.
The firm’s investments are structured in numerous capital forms including joint venture equity, preferred equity, mezzanine loans, and transitional first mortgages. Since 1993, the firm has invested greater than $3 billion of capital in approximately $15 billion of underlying commercial real estate on behalf of a diversified and highly regarded group of endowments, foundations, public and corporate pension plans, financial institutions, family offices, and sovereign entities.
The firm is seeking an Associate who will play an active role in the underwriting, closing, and monitoring of senior debt transactions. Primary duties will include the following:
- Supporting senior personnel with analytical and transactional aspects of deals, including due diligence, market research, and preparation of investment committee materials.
- Preparing and evaluating Argus files and sophisticated Microsoft Excel models for underwriting loan opportunities and reporting to senior management on the viability of potential loan opportunities across asset classes.
- Creating multiple scenario analyses to determine potential loan performance sensitivity.
- Interfacing with borrowers, intermediaries, and consultants.
- Monitoring and evaluating the performance of existing loans, the execution of business plans by borrowers, and sub-market fundamentals in markets where loans have been originated.
- Maintain internal Argus and cash flow models for material changes (new leasing, expenses, capital expenditures, and market leasing assumptions) in connection with each loan.
Candidates should have broad-based analytical skills, superior capabilities in cash flow modeling, sound research abilities and outstanding communication skills.
- A Bachelor's degree is required, with a preference for candidates concentrating in real estate, finance and/or accounting. Prior real estate debt underwriting experience is a plus.
- Approximately 3 to 5 years of related experience with exposure to commercial real estate.
- Exceptional financial analysis and modeling skills utilizing Microsoft Excel and Argus.
- Strong presentation creation capabilities utilizing Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and effectively meet deadlines.
- Team player with the ability to work independently in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Outstanding level of attention to detail, accountability, integrity, and ethics.
- Self-motivated and energetic individual with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Financial Analysis
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.