Tricera Capital is seeking an experienced Acquisitions Associate looking to join an active investment firm in expanding and managing its portfolio. The position offers an excellent growth opportunity for an applicant looking to assist in all stages of the real estate investment life cycle, including market research, underwriting, due diligence, closings, leasing, asset/property management, and investor relations. The applicant will enjoy complete access to the firm’s principals and will be included in all team planning and investment meetings from the outset. The ideal applicant should be comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment, possessing strong multi-tasking, communication, and teamwork skills, and also demonstrating resourcefulness and the ability to take initiative and work independently. The role will primarily be focused on acquisitions, but given that Tricera is a growing, dynamic company, the applicant will also be required to assist with asset and property management as needed.
- Completed a bachelor’s or master’s degree, preferably with a concentration in real estate, finance, mathematics, business, or similar subject matter. Two to three (2-3) years’ experience in the real estate industry, with strong emphasis on underwriting.
- Strong analytic skills and an excellent working knowledge or mastery of Microsoft Excel, including the ability to create, modify, and analyze financial models and calculate investment returns (PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, and other MS suite program experience also required; knowledge of Argus is preferable, but not required).
- Familiarity with commercial leases.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to efficiently manage time, produce high quality work under deadline pressures, and successfully prioritize and simultaneously manage a heavy workload.
- Excellent attention to detail and high standard for accuracy.
- Outstanding organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn and contribute to organization’s goals and growth.
- Creation and updating of detailed financial models in Excel for new acquisitions and existing owned assets.
- Assisting with due diligence responsibilities on new acquisitions, from sourcing through closing. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, organizing information provided by seller and identifying outstanding items; abstracting tenant leases; and coordinating third party inspections.
- Researching and compiling market data to facilitate investment decisions.
- Assisting with the creation of offering memorandums for new investments.
- Performing various administrative tasks, as needed, including scheduling meetings/travel, paying bills, ordering office supplies, answering the phone, etc.
- Financial Analysis
- Due Diligence
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job