We are seeking to hire an associate with an accounting background. The ideal candidate must have a strong accounting and finance background, great quantitative skills and the highest level of integrity.
This is a dynamic role that will work closely on a daily basis on property accounting, development accounting, asset management and general company projects. The position provides exposure to a full spectrum of duties within a fast-growing real estate development and management firm. As such, the position demands a dedicated individual with excellent attention to detail, leadership skills, facility with numbers, good people skills and the ability to prioritize, multi-task, work independently and solve problems.
- Assist in the monthly construction draw process which includes the review of contractor invoices, communication with vendors, and compilation of reports;
- Complete monthly and quarterly property accounting for various assets under management. This includes the preparation of financial statements, bank recs, accruals, CAM calcs, journal entries, and supporting documentation on a monthly basis;
- Work with property management team on various tasks including review and input of leases, coding and payment of invoices, and reporting;
- Assist with the accounts payable function of the firm, process payments through the firm’s AP system;
- Assist with preparation of property and development budgets and forecasts;
- Assist in preparation of various client reporting requirements;
- Assist on various ad hoc projects that arise;
We are looking for a passionate team player with grit, high integrity and a honed attention to detail. In addition, we expect that your life outside of work is as important as your career and that you are driven to succeed in both.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in real estate accounting. Willing to consider exceptional candidates directly from undergraduate or graduate school;
- Undergraduate or advanced degree in Accounting or Finance;
- Individual should possess excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Excel;
- Experience with real estate accounting systems (Yardi a plus);
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with strong organizational skills;
- Detail oriented with independent work ethic;
- Accounting / Control
- Property Management
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.