Sterling Organization is seeking a Real Estate Analyst for its corporate headquarters located in Palm Beach, FL. Our analysts typically focus on two areas: 1) acquiring new assets in accordance with fund investment goals, and 2) performing financial analysis for owned assets in support of the firm’s asset management activities.
Sterling believes both are important to overall investment performance and the personal development of well-rounded real estate professionals. Therefore, over their first 2 – 4 years, Real Estate Analysts will gain significant exposure to the investment in, and operation of, commercial retail real estate assets throughout the United States, with high-potential employees having the ability to ascend from the analyst program to leadership roles within the organization.
- Prepare financial models and cash flow forecasts with IRR and equity multiple sensitivities
- Perform rigorous due diligence on awarded deals to ensure Sterling has an all-encompassing understanding of the asset and associated risks prior to closing on a transaction
- Project acquisition performance and produce both quantitative and qualitative reports that help investors understand financial risks and key return metrics
- Organize and maintain a pipeline of acquisition targets being evaluated by the firm
- Assist all departments with the strategic oversight of investment management activities related to Sterling’s retail portfolio
- Participate in the preparation of quarterly fund and property level management reports for distribution to the firm’s investors
- Develop an in-depth understanding of retail leases; analyze the same with regards to tenant control rights, expense reimbursements, percentage rent obligations, co-tenancy impacts, etc.
- Analyze property performance in relation to budgets; re-forecast based on actual events and create pro forma projections based on potential opportunities
- Work closely with key company personnel in financing, refinancing and disposition transactions
- Perform ad-hoc reports and special projects as needed
- 1-3 years of commercial real estate or investment banking experience preferred, although recent college graduates with relevant internship experience will be considered
- College graduate with strong record of academic achievement and knowledge of commercial real estate
- Candidate should be highly proficient in Microsoft Excel/Word and experienced with other standard business software (ARGUS knowledge is preferred but not required)
- Candidate should be highly organized, have exceptional written and oral communication skills and should be able to take on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Asset Management
- Financial Analysis
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.