The Mark-Taylor Companies were established in 1985 as a privately-held, Arizona-based organization focused specifically on the multi-family housing industry. More than 30 years later, we’ve grown to become one of the region’s longest-standing and most-proclaimed asset managers, developers, and owners of rental communities. We’re extremely proud of this foundation and believe we’re just getting started…
We work every day to ensure that our employees, residents and clients enjoy the best living experience possible. We build to the highest of standards, provide cutting edge resident services, and offer our employees exceptional benefits and growth.
We believe that to be exceptional means to take an allegiance to hard work, but more importantly, it means to bring an immense amount of passion and curiosity to learning new things. At Mark Taylor, you’ll be challenged to be better every day, but most importantly, you’ll be encouraged, supported, and valued, with your career growth a constant priority and focus.
Our Ideal Asset Manager:
What does a Mark-Taylor Asset Manager look like? You are passionate about the real estate industry and recognize this as an opportunity to learn all facets of Mark-Taylor’s operations. You are a people person, with strong client management and people management skills. You are entrepreneurial and studious, with a growth-mindset and have a charismatic, dynamic and engaging personality with a strength in presenting in front of people. You are a strategic-thinker, planning for the long-term growth and success of your portfolio.
The Asset Manager is responsible for oversight and financial performance of a Class-A, multifamily apartment portfolio consisting of 2,500 to 3,000 units under Mark-Taylor Residential management. The Asset Manager is responsible for all property management operations, establishing and enforcing benchmarks, guidelines and policies. This candidate will report to and work closely with the Vice President of Asset Management to implement short and long-term strategies to preserve, protect and grow the assets within his/her portfolio.
The Work You Do:
- Develop and implement strategic business plans for each asset that will govern its daily operations, position in the market and potential for disposition in the future if decided by owner
- Maximize total return for each asset through the analysis of property efficiencies and identifying opportunities for improved performance
- Evaluate the local markets to identify changes and/or trends and the related impact on real estate values and investment strategies
- Work collaboratively with acquisition team members in evaluating potential investment opportunities throughout local market
- Work closely with onsite property managers, leasing agents, brokers, consultants and attorneys to provide direction for and oversight of business plans, budgets, forecasts, analysis and approvals
- Actively participate in pricing decisions of property leases and renewals
- Interface with intermediaries and operating partners to collect and evaluate asset and portfolio level financial information
- Weekly reporting, monthly financial narrative writing and annual reporting for senior management and investors
- Negotiate third party contracts and oversee implementation of capital improvement and “value add” programs within portfolio as necessary
- Effectively communicate Mark-Taylor corporate policy and procedures to staff, reinforce training and motivate subordinates to achieve company objectives
The Skills You Bring:
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Real Estate or related field with strong record of academic achievement preferred
- Strong people leadership experience, ideally managing a team of 10+ direct reports
- Significant client management experience, comfortable presenting and discussing important matters as it relates to the community and real estate market in general
- Minimum 5 years of asset management experience with real estate investments preferred
- Strong budgeting/forecasting skills, detailed property-level financial statement analysis, pro forma analysis and rent-setting evaluation
- Strong knowledge of real estate accounting combined with exceptional analytical thinking
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and Word is required and must be comfortable learning new industry specific management software
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, able to handle multiple concurrent projects and be able to independently identify and solve key business problems
This job description and the duties of this position are subject to change as deemed necessary by Mark-Taylor Residential. This job description does not constitute an employment contract between the company and any employee. The job responsibilities of this position may include cross-training in other functions to ensure satisfactory operation.
- Asset Management
- Investment Management
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.