Junior Production Officer
San Francisco and Burlingame, CA
Barry Slatt Mortgage seeks a bright, articulate and self-motivated salesperson to source and originate commercial and multi-family loans under the direction of a team of senior producers in either our Burlingame or San Francisco office. This position offers an outstanding opportunity to learn the origination side of the commercial real estate finance business and develop a future as a commercial mortgage banker.
Barry Slatt Mortgage is a long-standing privately held and respected institution with more than 45 years of experience in commercial mortgage banking. Barry Slatt Mortgage has diverse correspondent network with several of the most prestigious lenders in the country, providing custom-tailored solutions for borrowers' needs. In addition to a powerful track record of loan origination, Barry Slatt Mortgage also services over $4.0 billion in loans.
Prospecting, Business Development & Marketing
- Research potential prospects and clients for financing opportunities
- Using the phone, email and other methods, work to secure meetings with perspective clients with other senior producers as well as your own book
- Network and participate in various industry events to develop referrals and leads
- Support the business development efforts of the firm and other senior producers
- Develop a database using company CRM of potential clients for follow-up relationship building
- Build relationships with lenders and learn their specific programs
- Maintain professional interactions with BSM professionals and its lenders and customers
- Working with senior producers and analysts, learn how to size loans
- Take direction from senior team members to help shop new deals with lenders
- Conduct property inspections as needed
- Learn the underwriting/due diligence responsibilities for various lenders
- Act as a liaison between senior producer, borrower, analyst and lender where applicable
- Collect and problems solve required due diligence and make necessary inquiries to clients to ensure that required information is provided in a timely and effective manner
- Coordinate with clients, sellers, title companies, escrow agents, and real estate agents to obtain additional documentation
- Assist lender/company closer and analyst with coordinating and managing the closing process
Compensation: Commission Based
Skills & Requirements:
- Must have current California Real Estate License
- Internal and external customer relations skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills including excellent business writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Effective and responsive telephone etiquette.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a timely and thorough manner
- Math skills commensurate with evaluating commercial real estate
- Attention to detail with ability to be self-directed and motivated
- Have access to car for property and client visits
Less than 1 year
Apply for this job