A family-owned real estate company with over 30 years of experience in ownership and management of commercial, residential, and land entitlement projects is seeking an experienced senior accountant with in-depth real estate knowledge.
The senior accountant will oversee all financial aspects of the company’s operations, including (but not limited to) the list below:
- Manage all accounting activities to ensure compliance with GAAP, company policies, manage and oversee accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and all financial activities associated with the business. This includes General Ledger, JE’s, inter-company reconciliations, account reconciliations, financial reporting, loan compliance, monthly and annual reporting, and budgets.
- Liase with external accountants to handle all tax compliance, filings for all entities, and provide all schedules and requests.
- Assist with CAM reconciliation and real estate tax calculations.
- Analyze the costs and returns of real estate projects.
- Develop, implement, modify, and document record-keeping and accounting systems, making use of current computing technologies.
- Record and maintain escrows, capital expenditures, and depreciations.
- Assist the property managers in developing annual budgets.
- Development and/or establishment of accounting policies and procedures and operational strategies, including the reviews and implementation of process system changes.
- Read and interpret lease verbiage as it relates to CAM and real estate tax provisions.
- Supervision of one property accountant.
- A high level of integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (CPA or MBA preferred).
- 7 years experience in commercial real estate accounting.
- Strong computer skills: must be proficient in QuickBooks and Excel. Yardi and MRI experience preferred.
- Strong organizational skills.
This is a great opportunity for someone seeking a stable and long-term position in a pleasant, growing office environment with great benefits. Please include salary requirements on your resume.
- Accounting / Control
- Asset Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.