Invesco is a leading global asset management firm with more than $937B* in assets under management. We provide our retail and institutional clients a diverse and comprehensive range of investment capabilities to help people get more out of life. Invesco is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (IVZ) and has about 7,000 employees in over 20 countries.
(*As of December 31, 2017)
Job Purpose (Job Summary):
The role of the Transaction Officer is to work with the Director of Dispositions/Financing to control a portion of the pipeline by overseeing the analysis and underwriting of potential transactions and effectuating the various steps throughout the lifecycle of each respective transaction.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Manage a pipeline of transactions ranging from 15-30 assets per year depending on experience, weighted heavily to the financing side
- Oversee the analysis and approval process of potential financing strategies across individual investments of all product types or specific fund level needs
- Evaluate and recommend appropriate terms, structure, covenants, etc. to investment teams with respect to lender selection.
- Work with counsel and lenders to negotiate applicable documents including loan applications and loan agreements.
- Oversee the analysis and approval process of potential dispositions across all product types
- Evaluate and recommend appropriate deal terms and strategies to respective investment teams with respect to buyer selection
- Work with outside counsel and prospective buyers to negotiate purchase and sale agreements
- Interface with the brokerage community to establish and maintain relationships and facilitate both the loan and disposition process
- Understand financial modeling such as discounted cash flow for both unleveraged and leveraged structures and/or joint ventures and be able to determine the proper distribution of proceeds to INVESCO s clients and joint venture partners
- Maintain required monthly reporting needs
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- At least five years of transaction experience with particular emphasis on debt
- An established history of developing and maintaining market relationships and communicating market trends
- A thorough understanding of real estate investment fundamentals
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and work under pressure
- Advanced relational and communication skills
- Work at a high level of competency with limited supervision while thriving in a team environment
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Undergraduate degree focusing on qualitative and quantitative analyses.
FLSA (US Only): Exempt
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco's culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
- Investment Management
This job is no longer active.