About the Company: Pacific Urban Residential (‘PUR’) is an industry leading multifamily investment firm and pension fund manager. Headquartered in northern California’s innovative Silicon Valley, PUR is focused exclusively on the multifamily rental space. The firm has successfully deployed well-timed strategies to the benefit of its institutional partners and stakeholders throughout the Western United States.
Since its inception in 1998, Pacific has acquired over 22,000 apartment homes totaling over $6 billion on behalf of its own account and those of its valued strategic institutional partners. Today, PUR has five offices, with over fifty professionals and an owned apartment portfolio in excess of $3.6 billion dollars.
Pacific Urban Residential investment strategies are focused on older, “vintage” multifamily space. Committed to the communities in which we operate and to sustainability, Pacific utilizes its branded Ecologic program of initiatives to bring environmentally aware features into the communities and to each resident’s apartment home.
Pacific Urban Residential is an affiliate of The Marcus and Millichap Companies. More information can be found at .
Job Description: The Investment Officer – Sr. VP of Investments will be responsible for sourcing direct on- and off-market acquisition opportunities for one of the top apartment investors on the West Coast. The candidate will have sole responsibility for sourcing new investments in designated markets and strategies. Additionally, the position requires excellent deal-identification, underwriting, negotiating skills and the ability to work independently. The ideal candidate will possess a combination of excellent interpersonal, analytical and personnel management abilities. Depending on the "fit" of the candidate, the position could range from an emerging transaction officer who has originated a few successful investments to a more experienced professional capable of overseeing all strategies within geography and supervising regional staff.
Primary Responsibilities & Objectives:
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Sourcing potential acquisition opportunities, both fully marketed and off-market.
- Interfacing with Senior Management regarding market conditions, investment strategies and transaction sourcing methods.
- Working with Investment Analysts and Asset Management personnel to assist with asset pricing, due diligence and investment write-ups.
- Coordinating with property owners and managers to obtain relevant investment information.
- Developing relationships with brokers, property management personnel and property owners.
- Formulating, reviewing and presenting investment summaries to the Investment Committee.
- Heavy in-market, local travel; approximately 50%+.
- Additionally, it is essential to represent and market the Company at local, regional, and national industry events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Qualifications & Skills:
- BA/BS required; MBA in Real Estate, Business or Finance is preferred.
- 3 - 10+ years of real estate transaction experience.
- Demonstrated history of deal sourcing and closed multifamily transactions.
- In-depth knowledge of Northern California submarkets.
- Existing network of relationships with brokers/owners.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical, due diligence and research skills to evaluate potential investments.
- Salary and annual bonus commensurate with experience.
- Long-term participation incentive plan tied to transaction profitability.
- Financial Analysis
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.