Chief Financial Officer
Assist in all aspects of the administrative, financial, capital and operations of the assigned portfolio including overseeing property management. Assess and identify potential risks to the organization with a particular focus on multifamily operations. Implement processes and procedures to deal with potential threats with a particular focus on the multifamily insurance program. Assist as needed with evaluating acquisitions, dispositions and other matters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Asset Management of assigned properties
- Assist or Develop and monitor long term business plans for select properties, including oversight of property management duties
- Periodically visit properties to identify capital and evaluate operations
- Review leasing traffic and occupancy\availability trends to determine effectiveness of marketing programs and pricing recommending or approving of adjustments as needed
- Review of operational reports to assure reasonableness of expenses, compliance with budget, unusual expenses, trends etc. and what action is necessary to effectuate continuous improvement
- Coordinate, review, implement and oversee capital expense plans of select properties including tracking spreadsheets and approval of significant contracts
- Review and provide feedback for annual operational budgets
- Work with underwriters, owners and others to refinance properties as needed
Monitor compliance with financing programs that have specific requirements
- Risk Management
- Manage property insurance program including placement, claims management and other aspects with assistance from insurance broker and others as needed.
- Obtain Utility/Surety Bonds as necessary for designated properties.
- Coordinate action/replies to Loss Prevention Recommendations.
- Handle requests for assistance for miscellaneous items such as insurance escrows, evidence of insurance, etc.
- Monitor compliance with and assist as needed with tenant liability insurance program
- Manage Personal Property tax and Real Estate tax outsourced program
Other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Organizational Support - Follows Drucker & Falk, policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports Drucker & Falk, organization's goals and values.
Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and or 5 years of industry experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a good working knowledge the online environment and software as it relates to multifamily management, including Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Word and Excel Software, and Yardi Voyager.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Benefits: Competitive Benefits to include Health, Dental, Life, 401K, Employees Assistance Program, Long Term Disability, Vacation and Sick Leave.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Drug Free Workplace
Please submit resume and salary requirements
- Asset Management
- Risk Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.