Aimco is a Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) headquartered in Denver, Colorado and is one of the largest owners and operators of apartment homes in the country. Led by Chairman and , Aimco is a top provider of apartment homes to nearly 250,000 residents. Aimco has properties in 17 states and the District of Columbia. The company’s shares are listed on the S&P 500 and are publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol . Long recognized as an exemplary corporate citizen, Aimco has a philanthropic arm called .
The Transactions (Acquisitions) Associate is responsible for organizing, screening, and prioritizing our acquisitions pipeline of transaction opportunities, preparing financial valuations and investment analysis, and contributing to due diligence and investment committee memorandum related to multifamily acquisitions throughout the East Coast. The Associate will report to the Vice President of Acquisitions.
Duties of the Associate would include:
- Managing the acquisitions pipeline report
- Reviewing and screening acquisitions opportunities
- Evaluating and underwriting investment opportunities
- Preparing financial projections & maintaining ownership of the model
- Researching and evaluating market fundamentals, including potential new markets
- Assisting in preparing investment committee presentations
- Assisting in the due diligence process
- Assisting in the acquisition closing process
- Assisting in reporting and monitoring of acquisition performance
- Helping to develop asset level business plans, monitoring business plan performance, and proactively working to maximize value
Applicant must demonstrate a strong understanding of multifamily real estate fundamentals with at least 3 years of prior experience. The candidate should have strong verbal and written communication skills and be able to present analysis in a clear and concise manner. The candidate must be a self-starter with a strong desire to work and contribute within an entrepreneurial work environment.
Specific requirements include:
- 3-7 years of experience working in the multifamily industry – preferably an acquisition/development, investment sales, investment banking, valuation or structured finance role.
- Experience building & operating complex real estate financial models
- Highly proficient in Excel, Word, & PowerPoint
- Strong desire to grow a career in real estate
- Strong attention to detail as well as the ability to work under strict deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously, be proactive, and multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- MBA or Masters in Real Estate preferred but not required
- Brokerage / Sales
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job