The Associate will work closely with the Acquisitions Team for Stockbridge s Core and Value Add Business to develop strategies for new business opportunities. This is both a qualitative and quantitative position, strong math and written skills are necessary. All property types, including Office, Retail, Industrial and Multifamily may be analyzed. Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and update financial models in Excel and/or Argus for existing assets and prospective investments, including sensitivity analysis, various leverage structures and joint venture structuring.
- Work with team members in the analysis, documentation and execution of various capital transactions, including acquisitions, partnerships, financings, development programs and ultimate exit opportunities.
- Prepare internal and external presentations and memos regarding existing investments and proposed new investment vehicles.
- Analyze market research to evaluate prospective new investment opportunities or strategies.
- Interface with internal and external parties, such as operating partners, leasing/sales brokers, lenders, accounting teams, legal counsel and other market contacts as needed.
- Assist in presenting investments and divestments in I.C. meetings as needed.
- All candidates must have a BA or BS degree from an accredited institution, with preferred degrees in real estate, finance, business, accounting, economics or related area. Must have strong academic credentials.
- 3-5 years of real estate finance experience and strong experience with financial modeling.
- Proven analytical skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with Argus preferred.
- Effective writing skills and ability to synthesize information, as well as verbal interpersonal/communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to function both in a team-oriented setting and independently.
- Ability to direct and mentor Analysts.
- Strong sense of personal motivation, responsibility and entrepreneurship.
- Asset Management
- Financial Analysis
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.