Director, Accounting & Taxation is responsible for performing the ownership accounting function and for consolidating the accounting and financial reporting at the fund property level with the portfolio partnership for the purpose of reporting to Fund investors, third-party ownership groups and their lenders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preparation and timely filing of annual company, investment fund, and holding company tax returns.
- Preparation and distribution of all investor related tax documents including K-1s, 1042-S, and 1099-INT.
- Coordinate all year-end audit activity with third party audit firm and property level managing partners.
- Effectively communicate our accounting process and financial reporting deliverables with internal parties (property level, operating finance teams, property-level operations, and senior management) and external parties (third-party ownerships, lenders, and accounting firms).
- Coordinate all GNR Group month-end reporting to provide a set of consolidated financial statements to partners, third-party ownership and lenders.
- Manage all accounts payable, accounts receivable, inter-company activity, daily banking (monitoring cash activity and preparing deposits) and accounting tasks for the partnerships to ensure timely meeting of deliverable deadlines.
- Prepare or review monthly partnerships’ journal entries.
- Reconcile or review reconciliations all bank accounts and balance sheet accounts monthly.
- Reconcile or review reconciliations of all escrow and reserve accounts.
- Administer cash management agreements through an understanding of their relationship with the properties.
- Consolidate and forecast consolidated cash positions to communicate cash flow distribution opportunities to owners and to ensure adequate working capital is maintained to meet current and projected future obligations.
- Review fixed asset and ensures capital accounting process and work with management to set owner specific capitalization policies.
- Manage accounting department and work directly with finance team on ad hoc projects and special assignments including quarterly reporting and company valuation.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field required.
- 8+ years of relevant accounting and tax experience.
- 2-3 years of management experience
- Certified Public Accountant
- Previous experience with real estate partnerships and/or private REIT/fund structures.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with internal and external senior finance leaders and corporate and property level finance personnel.
- Ability to effectively manage an internal staff and provide direction of their daily work to ensure operating efficiency.
- Ability to work well with others and be a team player.
- Knowledge of Yardi financial systems a plus.
- Self-starter with the ability to solve problems and provide solutions.
- Small company atmosphere with close-knit staff
- Relaxed company environment with focus on entrepreneurial opportunities
- Flexibility to be opportunistic with respect to investments
- JV investment opportunities for employees
- Accounting / Control
- Financial Analysis
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.