THIS POSITION IS TEMPORARILY LOCATED IN NYC FOR THREE TO SIX MONTHS. CONVERTING TO PERMANENT STATUS REQUIRES MOVING TO PHOENIX, AZ WITH THE TEAM IN 2019.
Strategic Office Partners (“SOP”) is a platform targeting high-quality, single-tenant office assets with intermediate lease term that is wholly owned by TPG Real Estate Partners. Since 2016, SOP has acquired 25 buildings across the US totaling nearly 3.5 million square feet and is valued at over $700M today.
TPG Real Estate ("TPGRE") is the real estate platform of TPG, a leading global alternative asset firm with more than $84 billion of assets under management and 16 offices around the world. TPGRE includes TPG Real Estate Partners (“TREP”), its equity investment platform, and TPG Real Estate Finance Trust (“NYSE: TRTX”), its debt origination and acquisition platform. TREP focuses primarily on investments in real estate-rich companies, property portfolios, and select single assets located in North America and Europe. TRTX originates and acquires senior real estate loans across a broad spectrum of asset classes in North America. TPGRE currently manages more than $6.7 billion in assets across both platforms.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 2-5 years of experience in real estate, real estate finance, and/or investment banking
- BA or BS in Finance, Real Estate Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics or related disciplines preferred from a top-tier university
- Strong academic record
- Proficiency with Argus, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical ability
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivation, determination and initiative in a team environment
- Demonstrated high attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced work environment
- Review and screen commercial real estate investment opportunities
- Assist in the financial analysis and underwriting of potential investments
- Developing transaction specific financial models for real estate investments
- Periodically revaluate existing assets using discounted cash flow and sales comparable analyses
- Research and analysis of market statistics
- Assist asset managers in all aspects of portfolio operations including: leasing, developing property budgets and formulating long-term asset strategies
- Prepare Investment Committee memorandums and analysis on all new investments and development opportunities
- Support the disposition team through all aspects of the transaction process including: preparing investment materials, negotiating purchase and sale contracts, coordinating each sale and closing
- Prepare Management Committee and Board presentations
- Competitive base salary and merit bonus potential (pro-rated for time served)
- Financial Analysis
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.