As a Loan Originator, you will have an active role in analyzing real estate debt investment opportunities across various asset classes and property types. The ideal candidate will be highly organized, have excellent verbal and written communication skills and have experience reading/analyzing financial statements. The ideal candidate will thrive in a highly entrepreneurial and fast paced environment.
Trez Forman Capital, backed by the security of a partnership with more than $2BB in assets under management, provides flexible, short-term financing ($5MM to $50MM+) to purchase, refinance, reposition, or develop commercial property. Recently, Trez Forman Capital was formed by the strategic partnership of Forman Capital LLC with Trez Capital Group LP. Collectively they have funded more than $5 billion in loans throughout the United States and Canada since 1997.
This individual’s responsibilities will include:
- Leading business development through proactive calling of prospective mortgage brokers, sponsors and real estate professionals
- Growing and managing referral relationships
- Managing marketing and sales activities, as well as project work flow
- Pre-screening and high-level underwriting of inbound deal flow
- Structuring deals to isolate and mitigate risks while at the same time offer creative solutions to the sponsor’s financing situation
- Using CoStar, Excel and other sources to derive market information, property values, analyze cash flows, and calculate DSCR, debt yield and LTV
- Discussing/presenting deals to the lending team and investment committee
- Writing investment memorandums and term sheets
- Facilitating client interaction to drive the loan to a successful close
Candidate must be a high energy self-starter, proactive team player, and effective closer with a demonstrated track record of results, leadership, and strong relationship development.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, commercial real estate, or a related area
- Solid knowledge and understanding of commercial real estate and lending fundamentals
- Minimum of 7-10 years’ directly-related loan origination experience
- Proven ability to develop and close warm and cold leads with integrity and unsurpassed customer satisfaction
- Excellent interpersonal, time management, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively work as an individual and as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task with an attention to detail in an efficient and timely manner
- Proven track record of minimum $50M per year in closings, for the previous 3 years
- Strong analytical and computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
Why join Trez Forman Capital:
- Entrepreneurial, team oriented culture
- Flat organization structure – all team members are principally involved in transactions
- Institutional financial backing
- Great work environment
- Start Date: Immediately
Trez Forman Capital is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse work culture.
- Business Development
- Financial Analysis
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.