Reports to: President & CEO
Company is a nationally recognized boutique investment advisory firm specializing in retail commercial real estate. The firm has unmatched insight and real time, street-level knowledge of market conditions, buyer pools, capital markets, and a forward-looking perspective on value and pricing. For this reason, the company is engaged by private and institutional investors, owner/operators, developers, family offices and private equity firms throughout the nation. They are known for implementing creative strategies that maximize property values for regional malls, grocery anchored centers, lifestyle centers, NNN portfolios, strip retail and single tenant NNN investments.
The role of the Managing Director is to activate and energize the deal pipeline and business flow of an already successful anchored shopping center team and practice. The focus will be on creating new and expanding existing relationships with significant family offices, regional operators and select institutions nationally. This includes infiltrating and influencing decision-makers at the highest levels within the accounts and leveraging these relationships to into revenue generating opportunities for the Anchored Shopping Center team.
The ideal candidate will have a significant level of business development experience in sophisticated, “Institutional/Professional Investor” account environment, selling high end, project-based, professional investment retail real estate services, characterized by long sales cycles and large dollar transactions.
- Create awareness and build relationships with key industry executives.
- Assist the team with qualifying and winning opportunities.
- Develop as well as pursue leads and opportunities.
- Develop as well as execute business development initiatives.
- Report on progress as directed.
- Work closely with other team members as well as other company practices (i.e. Net Leased practice, Unanchored Strip practice, etc.) to develop the appropriate approach and solutions to a potential opportunity. This will require teamwork, fostering of relationships, and developing consensus.
- Successful track record of selling services to family offices, regional operators, institutions and other similar owners of retail assets.
- Significant business relationships with senior client executives within the targeted industry segment.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Significant real estate and investment/finance knowledge
- Ability to influence decision-makers at the highest levels in client organizations.
- Consistent track record in driving revenue in this environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills including rapport building, listening, social versatility, courtesy and concern.
- Solid sales skills with proper preparation disciplines. Must possess solid communication skills including the ability to present an accurate and compelling overview and benefits.
- High level business acumen including the business environment, market forces, the client's retail real estate portfolio, markets, customers and competitors.
- Capacity to drive the business development strategy with an opportunity plan that includes specific objectives, appropriate strategies, and detailed tactics.
- Ability to project and anticipate the strategies employed by each competitor and the skill to craft successful, proactive strategies for winning the business.
- Travel as required
Education / Experience:
- Undergraduate degree required; Advanced degree(s) preferred.
- Commercial Real Estate experience of 5+ years; retail preferred.
- 7+ year experience managing complex client accounts either as an advisor or broker.
- Brokerage / Sales
- Business Development
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.