JOB OVERVIEW: The Investment Analyst will support an Asset Manager focusing on markets throughout the central United States. The primary responsibilities for the position are to work with the Asset Manager to maximize the value of existing assets in the portfolio, expand the portfolio through acquisitions, and execute property dispositions. As part of the role and in support of the Asset Manager, the candidate will identify and underwrite new acquisition opportunities, oversee a portfolio of assets (some of which include multiple buildings) with respect to the overall financial performance, day to day operations, and manage the local property level teams.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
General Asset Management Duties: Interaction with property management, leasing and project management teams, tax consultants, amongst others, oversite and review of monthly property performance reports, complete quarterly valuations, coordinate and review annual budgets, prepare annual business plans, review and approve CAM reconciliations, lease analyses, and performance of other special projects, research and other duties related to the day to day operations and overall performance of the assets.
General Acquisition Duties: Deal screening and underwriting, preparation and modification of Argus files and corresponding Excel investment templates, understanding the physical aspects and the market positioning of the opportunity, preparation of the Investment Committee memorandum, and coordination with other team members, including our internal debt and due diligence teams.
General Disposition Duties: Quarterbacking the process alongside the Asset Manager from start to finish, including developing the Sales Recommendation memorandum, selecting and working with the investment sales broker, coordination of the offering materials and due diligence items, and overseeing property management and accounting efforts to ensure a smooth disposition and closing.
Other Duties: Perform special projects, research projects and any other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required, ideally in finance or accounting; relevant graduate degree a plus;
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with a real estate investment or brokerage firm;
- Understanding of the principals involved in accurate modeling of cash flow;
- Understanding of commercial real estate lease issues;
- Understanding of financing principles and basic capital structures (e.g. debt and equity);
- Expert command of Argus Enterprise, Excel, etc. – accuracy and attention to detail is essential;
- Strong oral and written communication ability – to collaborate in a team environment
- Creativity – a sense of urgency – ambition – proactive mindset: all are imperative.
Candidate may expect to travel with and without Asset Manager to visit the assets and property level teams approximately twenty percent (20%) of the time. Additional travel may be required when working on acquisitions.
- Asset Management
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job