Hankey Investment Company, a private-equity, Real Estate Investment Company, is seeking an experienced, self-motivated and energetic Real Estate Manager to manage mid-rise office buildings and other assets in the Los Angeles area.
General Duties and Responsibilities
The Property Manager is responsible for the successful day-to-day financial, administrative and maintenance operations of two, multi-tenant office buildings and several single-tenant properties in Southern California while assuring the company’s standards are achieved and excellent customer service is delivered. The property manager reports to the EVP, Asset Management and Development to determine portfolio operating objectives and the tactics to achieve them.
The Property Manager oversees the management of the properties, including building operations and administration, tenant relations, leasing [new leases and renewals]. Additionally, the Property Manager prepares budgets, monthly variance reports, CAM reconciliations and CPI rent adjustments. This position requires excellent financial analysis skills.
- Lease administration
- Ensure all rents are collected in accordance with tenant leases.
- Manage day-to-day property operations
- Contract administration
- Complete and issue monthly reporting
- Budget creation and management
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner suitable for interaction with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Direct and manage engineering staff reporting to the Property Manager
- Develop effective working relationships with Tenants, Vendors and Contractors
- Tenant Improvement and Capital Project coordination and construction
- Identify, prioritize and recommend Project initiatives
- Negotiate Lease renewals and expansions with support from EVP Asset Management
Perform additional job duties as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field
- Minimum five years of commercial real estate property management experience
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and Yardi required
- Strong analytical, written and verbal skills
- Excellent organizational skills with an emphasis on attention to detail
- Strong understanding of real estate finance including budget preparation, variance analysis, monthly reporting, operating expense reconciliations, complying with loan requirements, and analysis of financial statements
- Able to work independently and without administrative support
- Provide own automobile to visit properties
- California Real Estate Salesperson License
- Property Management
This job is no longer active.