Fogelman Properties (“Fogelman”) is a fully integrated investment and property management company and one of the country’s largest privately-owned multifamily firms. Founded in 1963, Fogelman currently owns and/or manages approximately 30,000 apartment homes located across the Southeast, Southwest and Midwest. Fogelman is expanding its acquisition team to grow its investment holdings and enhance its transactional platform. The Acquisition position, based in the Atlanta corporate office, will work closely with the VP- Investments and others on the transaction team in underwriting potential acquisitions opportunities, as well as assisting in due diligence and closing transactions.
Acquisitions Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in identifying potential multifamily acquisitions, maintain relationships with investment sales brokers, lenders, third parties
- Update and maintain detailed financial acquisition models in Excel
- Prepare initial underwriting and write-up of investment opportunities to submit to the acquisitions group for consideration. Work with Fogelman’s property management team and third parties to provide support for underwriting assumptions.
- Prepare market and property specific research to support investment strategies and decision making.
- Assist in the closing transaction process – provide documents to lender, participate in completing the investment package, assist managing due diligence documents, calculate prorations
- Model various disposition scenarios for presentation to the company’s investment committee
- 3 years experience in acquisition's role
- Bachelor’s degree (with an emphasis in real estate, finance or accounting preferred)
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills with deep knowledge of Excel
- Strong verbal and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple transactions and meet strict deadlines
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work in a team setting and autonomously
- Financial Analysis
- Property Management
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job