Alexandria Real Estate Equities, Inc. (NYSE:ARE), an S&P 500® company, is an urban office REIT uniquely focused on world-class collaborative life science and technology campuses in AAA innovation cluster locations. Founded in 1994, Alexandria pioneered this niche and has since established a significant market presence in key locations, including Greater Boston, San Francisco, New York City, San Diego, Seattle, Maryland, and Research Triangle Park. Alexandria is known for its high-quality and diverse tenant base. Alexandria has a longstanding and proven track record of developing Class A properties clustered in urban life science and technology campuses that provide its innovative tenants with highly dynamic and collaborative environments that enhance their ability to successfully recruit and retain world-class talent and inspire productivity, efficiency, creativity, and success.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex (including sexual or gender identity), religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, age, marital or veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or medical condition. For additional information on Alexandria, please visit .
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represent the Company in a positive and highly professional manner in support of building the Alexandria brand in the Research Triangle Park market. Serve as a key industry and regional spokesperson.
- Source, underwrite and execute relevant growth opportunities, including existing properties, new developments and joint-ventures.
- Develop business plans for redevelopments and new developments, including collaborating with Alexandria’s development, leasing and asset services teams as well as external partners and consultants.
- Develop and maintain relationships with real estate brokers, owners and other market participants.
- Develop and maintain market expertise that is relevant for Alexandria, including knowledge of leasing and investment sales in both life science and tech office sectors.
- Responsible for leading business development efforts and market facing activities. Cultivating relationships with local corporations, institutions, organizations and venture capitalists in order to promote Alexandria’s mission.
- Effectively manage the creation of proposals and/or presentations and lead the presentations (i.e. client/tenant meetings, executive and/or board presentations, employee meetings, etc.), as required.
- Collaborate with leasing and/or contract negotiations, as required.
- Serve as an engaged participant in contributing to complex discussions and decisions as related to all matters of organizational operation including personnel, budgets, development, reporting, leasing, construction and development and organizational accountability.
- Identify and present market trends, opportunities and competitive threats for the Research Triangle Park market.
- Take an active role in the professional development of the regional personnel by providing leadership and working with employees on an individual basis to support their growth as professionals in their positions.
- Build Alexandria’s market presence by attending business, real estate and/or charitable contribution events.
- Displays a strong, customer service oriented background.
- Manage the portfolio/assets in alignment with our overall investment strategy.
- Additional responsibilities, as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualified candidates will be experienced leaders with a minimum of 10 years of real estate experience and 5 years of direct supervisory experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA or BS) required. Master’s degree (MA, MS or MBA) preferred.
- Intimate knowledge of the local commercial real estate industry is essential.
- Knowledge of life science and technology industry highly desirable.
- Some knowledge and experience in all aspects of the business, including but not limited to: asset and property management, leasing, construction and project management, amenities, brokerage, marketing, human resources and financial reporting.
- Must possess a proven track record in the areas of leadership, relationship management, project and construction management, leasing, etc.
- Prior experience managing and collaborating with a team is essential.
- Must have expertise with underwriting real estate transactions and be able to understand advanced financial concepts and knowledge in reviewing complex financial reports.
- High proficiency using Argus and MS Office products including but not limited to MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, etc. Knowledge of JDE, a plus.
- Skilled negotiator and experienced at resolving complex problems and conflict a must.
- Must be experienced with leading and negotiating purchase and sale agreements, commercial leases, and other transactional documents.
- Must be able to think strategically and independently come up with innovative proposals, solutions and suggestions to meet business needs.
- Ability to efficiently and effectively change focus in a dynamic, flexible environment.
- Exceptional organizational skills (resources and prioritization).
- Excellent verbal and written communication, strong presentation, networking and business development skills are required.
- Results oriented, extremely proactive and highly responsive with great attention to detail; strong work ethic.
- Aptitude for managing multiple daily tasks and longer-term strategic projects; capable of prioritizing and meeting timelines.
- Superior time management and multi-tasking ability is required.
- Will be responsible for mentoring.
- Must be energetic, flexible and thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and innovative culture.
- Some travel is required.
- Professional affiliations, including ULI, NAIOP, etc are a plus.
10+ to 15 years
This job is no longer active.