Kendal is a not-for-profit provider of senior housing and services. Headquartered in Kennett Square, PA, Kendal has grown to include 12 Affiliates in 8 states (IL, MD, MA, NH, NY, OH, PA, VA) since its inception in 1971. Kendal will continue its growth by means of expansion, new program development, new affiliations and new business development while maintaining high degrees of operational excellence.
Growth opportunity, travel, and the chance to improve the lives of older adults!
Reporting to the SVP of New Business Development, the Project Director supports the real estate development efforts including managing design, construction, entitlements and other related matters, representing corporate interests in all aspects of management and organization. Manages project land use approvals and permits, development and design team selection, master planning, contractor selection, contract negotiations, construction process, maintaining/establishing project budgets and schedules, and other matters as requested. Support and lead special projects and initiatives and assist in establishing and communicating best practices for all affiliate communities in the Kendal system.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field is required.
- Five years of applicable job experience in project development, construction, finance, design or related business preferred.
- Interest and experience in the rapidly growing field of senior living.
- Exposure to finance, marketing and design of senior living communities
- Familiar with LEED and other sustainability practices.
- Ability to read and understand design and construction plans and contracts.
- Experience with land use approvals and project management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Experience using project management software.
- Ability to travel and participate in project work at various Kendal Community locations.
- Business Development
- Project Management
5+ to 7 years