Buzz Oates is one of the largest commercial real estate owners/developers in California with over 23 million square feet under management. Over the last 60 years, the company has constructed over 60 million square feet of industrial warehouse and distribution facilities, business parks, and retail centers. Buzz Oates leases approximately 3 million square feet and executes on $100 million in purchases and sales annually. Our investment philosophy centers on providing a single point of contact for construction, real estate and asset management services. The company is positioned for growth, with targeted new developments throughout the Western half of the United States.
The company is seeking an Asset Manager that will be the key interface on properties and value creation for the existing portfolio as well as new development opportunities.
- Primary responsibilities include the establishment and execution on investment strategy and business plans for a portfolio of commercial real estate investments (primarily industrial).
- Apply proactive management during the entire development and leasing/releasing process.
- Oversee operations, including budgets, lease/sale objectives, material contracts, capital expenditures, and other operating items.
- Drive specific income, expense and leasing velocity targets for each asset in their portfolio.
- Monitor tenant improvement cost and schedule.
- Assist with selecting and managing brokers to lease and sell the property.
- Knowledge of each market where assigned for each property, including current and future trends in demographics, job growth, economic drivers, product supply, as well as any other market forces.
- Strong skills in financial analysis and modeling – experience with Yardi is preferred.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office.
- BA or BS degree required. Advance degree a plus.
- 5+ years as an Asset Manager or 10 years relevant real estate experience.
- High energy individual with ability to work without direct supervision.
- Problem solve and multi-task efficiently.
- Must be able to develop and maintain effective working relationships with managers, vendors, contractors, and tenants.
- Motivate other to complete projects on time and coordinate all efforts effectively.
- Attendance is a requirement.
- Active California real estate salesperson license required.
- Buzz Oates offers a great work culture with an open space work environment in a Class A office building in Downtown Sacramento, close to the area’s top destination entertainment centers. We offer a full benefit package: health, dental, vision, EAP, LTD, parking, as well as a matching 401(k) program and education reimbursement.
- Asset Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.