This is an employee owned, entrepreneurial real estate investment company. The company was established with a long-term orientation to focus on value-based real estate investment with favorable risk/reward characteristics, often with a contrarian investment approach.
Our investment team averages approximately 20 years of real estate experience across disciplines including acquisitions, asset management, property management, development, redevelopment and distressed investing. We make direct investments and provide capital to sponsors through preferred equity, joint venture partnerships, and junior debt positions. The company and its affiliates have invested over $1 billion in more than 12 million square feet, including 11,000 multifamily units.
General Nature of Position:
The Director of Property Management is responsible for overseeing the management of all properties and ensuring that the properties are managed and maintained consistent with the financial, physical, regulatory and social goals, standards and requirements of the company. This role also ensures all personnel of the Property Management Department are fully supported, trained, and embrace the organization’s mission. The Director of Property Management participates as part of the Management Team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The following duties are normal for this position; other duties may be required and assigned. This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
- Responsible for the financial, compliance, and physical aspects of the assets across the portfolio.
- Review financial and variance reports on monthly and quarterly basis and executes timely correction measures as necessary.
- Reviews vacancy reports; monitors resident income re-certifications; supervises provision of a variety of additional analytical/statistical reports on the operation of the division, program compliance, required forms, and other activities within the portfolio.
- Reviews, interprets and applies applicable laws and regulations. Responsible for compliance with Fair Housing, Non-Discrimination, and housing legislation.
- Manages and maintains properties in accordance with commitments made to lenders, investors, and regulators. Update management plans, agreements, and other policy documents.
- Develops and evaluates the efficiency and effectiveness of resident service delivery methods and procedures.
- Develop capital needs plan for all properties.
- Works closely with other departments.
- Responds to public and resident questions and complaints/disputes; negotiates and resolves the most sensitive and controversial issues.
- Recommends new and any modifications to property management programs, policies, and procedures as appropriate.
- Selects, trains, motivates and evaluates assigned personnel; prepares and conducts regular and timely performance evaluations; provides or coordinates staff training; works with employees to correct deficiencies; implements discipline and termination procedures; conducts periodic on-site audits of all properties.
- Participate as a member of the Management Team in the development of company’s strategic direction and ensure that the property management department and employees are working towards achieving these strategic goals and objectives.
Qualifications:Required technical knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Advanced level of spreadsheet and word processing computer skills
- Knowledge in accounting, finance, real estate principles or related fields
- Knowledge in business correspondence and ability to proofread for grammar, spelling, and punctuation with a high degree of accuracy
- Knowledge of real estate law, rules and regulations relating to property management
- Ability to complete multiple tasks under fixed time constraints and deadlines
- Ability to self-motivate and work with minimal direction to complete complex tasks
- Ability to be responsive to requests in person, by email or phone
- Comfortable seeking assistance when necessary
- Capable of negotiating between competing interests and making difficult decisions
- Ten years of progressive, relevant experience in property management
- Three years of experience supervising three or more staff
- Experience working successfully in a team
- Extensive use of computers and telephone
- Ability to attend meetings both on-site and off-site, and travel to various offices and locations as needed.
- Additional education such as relevant Masters degrees
- Experience with Yardi Voyager or related property management software
- Certification in Tax Credit Compliance or other property management certifications
- Knowledge of rules and regulations relating to low-income housing tax credits
Supervision Received and Exercised:
The Director of Property Management receives supervision from the President and may receive direction from other members of the Management Team. The Director of Property Management provides direct supervision to the Regional Property Supervisors and Compliance Manager, and will provide general supervision to other lower level property management staff as necessary.
DOE. Competitive compensation package includes full benefits (medical, dental, vision, and 401(k)).
Submit both cover letter and resume.
This company is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
- Business Development
- Property Management
7+ to 10 years
Apply for this job