Role Value Proposition:
MetLife Investments is a premier asset manager with breadth across various asset sectors and global markets, and strong asset-liability management capabilities. With a $500 billion combined domestic and international general account portfolio and a multi-billion dollar annual cash flow, Investments is an important contributor to MetLife’s financial performance. The primary objective of Investments is to maximize MetLife’s long-term economic value by investing in assets that support the company’s liabilities and produce a consistent stream of operating earnings.
Global Real Estate and Agricultural Investments maintain a portfolio invested in commercial real estate and agricultural mortgages, as well as real estate equities. Real Estate Investments sources and manages commercial real estate investments through seven regional field offices in the U.S. and International field offices in London, Tokyo, Mexico City and Santiago.
The Associate Asset Manager will be responsible for asset management/owner’s representative decision making, overseeing the leasing, property management, construction management, reporting, valuation and overall accounting and other business transactions on an assigned portfolio of commercial investment properties. Property types may include office, retail, multi-family and industrial. On-going responsibilities include overseeing third party property management and leasing teams; developing property business plans, valuations, budgets, complying with all reporting and accounting requirements; working with JV partners; the acquisitions team and sale efforts (as may apply).
- Develop and implement, through third party property and leasing teams, property level strategies for leasing, operations and capital expenditures.
- Work with third party developers and oversee all aspects of new developments and major renovations.
- Budgeting, forecasting and expense management to maximize recurring net income.
- Manage leasing and management teams to maximize property performance (income/value); Evaluate leasing opportunities and negotiate leases; Negotiate legal documents and contracts. Coordinate and manage various internal/external resources and consultants (i.e., attorneys, environmental, construction).
- Review third party property Valuations or prepare Argus valuations for assigned portfolio; Coordinate the sales process of designated assets including engaging brokers, evaluating bids, negotiating contracts, managing due diligence and closing.
- Participate in pre-acquisition due diligence; Manage the selection of property management and leasing teams by securing proposals, conducting interviews and preparing management agreements. Manage property transition process by working with internal bank relations, insurance and accounting departments.
- Regularly update or meet with internal Portfolio Managers and external JV Partners and MetLife clients about the performance of their assets.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Results-driven professional with 4+ years of experience in asset management of large and complex commercial real estate assets.
- Significant experience managing and leading leasing and property management teams.
- In-depth experience in lease negotiation and structuring.
- Strong real estate valuation and underwriting skills.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Argus, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Basic understanding of standard real estate legal documents such as leases, management agreements, joint venture agreements, construction contracts and appraisals.
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable business-related field
- Asset Management
- Property Management
- Hospitality / Entertainment
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.