DWS – Direct Real Estate
Functional Title: Property Specialist
Corporate Title: Analyst
Posted: October 2018
DWS’ Alternatives division is one of the world's largest real estate investment managers, investing in direct commercial and residential properties, real estate securities, and infrastructure, totaling over $80 billion globally in AUM.
The U.S. Direct Real Estate team manages approximately 270 properties totaling $20 billion in value and 75 million square feet of space. The assets are managed by portfolio and asset managers through a handful of investment vehicles, notably, RREEF America REIT 2, DWS’ flagship core fund, numerous Separate Accounts, and several other funds.
About the position
Our Chicago corporate office has an immediate opening for a Property Specialist in our recently merged Portfolio Management and Asset Management groups. The ideal candidate is an eager, self-motivated team player with a strong analytical skill set. Primary duties will include providing quantitative and qualitative support for Central Portfolio Managers and Asset Managers nationally. The opportunity offers broad exposure to 15-20 properties across the office, industrial, multi-family and retail sectors, usually in the U.S. Properties will typically have a “core” risk profile but some will be “core+”, “value-add”, “opportunistic”, or development.
Find below a curtailed list of responsibilities:
Property Specialist Duties for Portfolio / Asset Management Group
- Compile underwriting in both Argus and Excel to assist with multi-year planning, hold-sell decisions, financings, leasing and value-add strategies
- Prepare Investment Committee presentations for financings, leasing and dispositions
- Analyze leasing opportunities and sensitivities via ARGUS, NPV analyses and market research
- Work with property management teams on everyday operations and engineering teams on construction management
- Assist with annual property business plans and review of quarterly reporting
- Oversee and review calendar and fiscal year budgeting and re-projection processes
- Lead external appraisal process and complete internal valuations, while working across several in-house departments, including transactions and research
- Support the transition of newly acquired properties from the Transactions group the Portfolio / Asset management group
- Deliver or contribute to ad-hoc projects as requested by Asset Managers, Portfolio Managers or Senior Management
Skills and Experience
- Strong work ethic and critical thinking skills
- Highly organized, be able to multi-task and communicate effectively
- Bachelor’s degree (must provide GPA in resume)
- Ability to work as part of team and independently
- Less than 3 years of work experience preferred
- Proficiency in Argus, Microsoft Excel, discounted cash flow modeling a plus
- Asset Management
- Financial Analysis
- Portfolio Management
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.