Founded in 2002, Blue Vista is a leading real estate investment management firm focused on developing long-term relationships, serving our investors' interests, and delivering consistent performance to our investors and partners through rigorous academic and research-driven investment processes. To date, Blue Vista has executed transactions valued at over $9.0 billion in total capitalization across the major property types and markets in the U.S. on behalf of our Middle Market, Lending and Student Housing platforms.
The SVP Client Capital position is a senior capital raising role that will report to the Managing Principal of Client Capital, and be responsible for a portfolio of prospective clients and geographies to help build and manage Blue Vista’s client base. The role is focused on expanding and maintaining key client relationships, identifying and building new investor relationships, developing and executing investor outreach strategies, and representing the Blue Vista brand as a senior professional and industry expert at events.
Responsibilities/essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Drive capital raising for Blue Vista products by identifying, building and maintaining relationships with existing and potential new investors, including but not limited to, pension funds, endowments/foundations, insurance companies, HNW individuals and consultants.
- Act as the lead relationship manager for specific Blue Vista clients/products to ensure effective outreach and achieve capital raising targets; pro-actively cross-sell the firm’s products as applicable.
- Develop and execute effective investor outreach campaigns by conducting client analysis, with the goal of expanding the firm’s identity and product profile to develop opportunities beyond traditional institutional capital sources (e.g. foreign capital, wealth managers, etc.).
- Attend meetings independently as required and articulate Blue Vista’s investment strategies; prepare Investment teams for client meetings/presentations and accompany the teams as required.
- Understand key competitors and position the firm’s products effectively; provide guidance and feedback from investors on market standards.
- Assist the BV investment and new business development teams by utilizing extensive industry relationships in identifying and sourcing investment opportunities and new operating partner relationships.
- Promote the Blue Vista brand in a variety of capacities designed to raise the identity and attractiveness of the firm and its products through industry conferences/events, i.e. PREA, and at prospect/client-sponsored events.
- Supervise mid-or junior-level Client Capital team members in client relationship management and understanding the broader real estate market relative to Blue Vista’s investment strategies.
- Contribute to the Client Capital efforts to improve investor communications and marketing efforts, strategies, policies and practices.
- Contribute to the enhancement of the Blue Vista culture through regular contributions in recruiting, on-boarding new employees and firm team building activities.
- 10-15+ years of significant experience in the real estate investment business and relevant capital raising efforts
- Series 7/63 or 82/63 preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
- A firm knowledge and command of real estate investing and the Real Estate industry
- Ability to oversee, advise and mentor associate/VP level team members in investor relationships/capital raising
- Well regarded, household name in the marketplace with market visibility; noted speaker; notable list of completed capital raising assignments
- Strong relationship builder and communicator who can engage with firm leaders
- Flexible and able to multi-task and set priorities in guiding people and processes
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives and tasks
- Experience/understanding of a variety of functions including acquisitions, asset management and portfolio management, client relations/marketing/capital raising in a real estate private equity environment
- Excellent computer skills and the ability to adapt to new technologies
Top Six Defining Skills________________________________________________________________________________
- Ability to establish trust and relevance with prospective investors
- Ability to be conversant on the needs of all client types and BV investment offerings
- Ability to lead any client or prospect meeting
- Able to lead the Client Capital team members to prepare for all client and prospect meetings
- Ability to find and court new prospective clients
- Able to lead the closing of capital raising assignments with minimal assistance
- Investment Management
- Investor Relations
10+ to 15 years
This job is no longer active.