Moran and Company is a privately-owned brokerage firm that specializes in the sale of institutional quality apartment communities. It operates from eight offices across the country, in Irvine, Seattle, Dallas, Chicago, Atlanta, San Francisco, Houston, and Washington DC. Since 1995, Moran and Company has closed approximately $34 billion in apartment sales. The company’s singular product focus and exceptional track record of adding value for their clients has established them as one of the preeminent multi-family housing brokerage firms in the country.
Moran & Company has an immediate need for a full-time Analyst. This position offers candidates a great opportunity to work in and learn about all facets of the institutional apartment brokerage business. The ideal candidate should have excellent analytical and communication skills. He or she should be able to present a compelling written and oral argument in support of a real estate investment opportunity. The ideal candidate can communicate with enthusiasm and professionalism. He or she should have the ability to develop the confidence and respect of the institutional market and the ability to build relationships with key members of the investment community.
The analyst’s primary responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the preparation of Broker Opinions of Value
- Rent roll analysis
- Investment modeling
- Conducting rental market surveys
- Preparing professional write-ups for offering memorandums, presentations, and other marketing materials
- Assisting with the preparation of marketing materials using various graphic design software programs
To be considered for this position, candidates must possess the following:
- Bachelors degree
- Specialization in real estate or finance preferred
- Excellent writing skills (a writing sample will be required)
- Strong financial, analytical, communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Strong creative problem solving and critical thinking skills
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Proficiency with MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Prior multifamily experience and/or undergraduate real estate finance coursework will be viewed favorably. However, what is most important is an aptitude for financial analysis, great communication skills, and great people skills.
- Financial Analysis
- Research/Market Analysis
1+ to 2 years
Apply for this job