• Act as the primary senior level contact with the owner throughout the duration of the project.
• Upon award of a project, develop project specific and client driven goals, schedules, budgets and detailed assumptions.
• Facilitate project kick-off meetings with internal staff and key ownership representatives to ensure responsibilities are communicated and understood by all concerned.
• Develop and maintain the Master Project Schedule and provide day to day updates of project status as needed.
• Establish and maintain weekly and monthly project updates providing critical project metrics and action items to be tracked against established project schedule/budget.
• Build rapport with project team and ownership representatives and ensure scope of project and outside business forces affecting the project are fully understood, and that the scope of specific deliverables is fully understood with performance standards and other relevant criteria.
• Coordinate any necessary due diligence efforts on behalf of the ownership, maintaining and delivering all appropriate and necessary documentation.
• Develop a detailed project budget based on historical and market data, as well as from personal experience, and clearly define a set of budget assumptions, including construction costs and industry standard consultant fees.
• Actively track each aspect of project performance against schedules and critical path, as well as capital budgets.
• Prepare various RFP’s needed for vendor and contractor services for the complete project.
• Oversee vendor and project team members’ work to ensure compliance with contract and ownership expectations.
• Negotiate and implement contracts with vendors and contractors with a senior level of understanding of industry standards and best practices.
• Ensure accurate management of all contracts and associated accounts receivables/payables to maintain a project budget. Prepare and submit monthly draws for project funding, and forecast project cash flow as needed.
• Guide the project team through the design implementation process including conceptual, schematic, design development and construction documentation and sign-off, while maintaining project budget and established delivery condition.
• Guide the project team through the entitlement process and provide senior level recommendations to develop the highest and best use of the property based on applicable governmental agency requirements and local jurisdiction.
• Develop and maintain rapport with personnel within governing agencies and facilitate coordination with project team as needed.
• Engage in community in areas where projects are located to have a full understanding of a project’s competitive set and market metrics, and garner relationships with groups and individuals within the Real Estate Community.
• Actively work with leasing/sales team to prepare marketing materials based on project metrics. Assist in the preparation of Letters of Intent, and Leases by providing key project metrics and information.
• Actively document project specific information and file deliverables per company standards.
• Identify and address areas of concern regarding potential liabilities and risk (fee, our reputation, errors and omissions, etc.) to Senior Vice President of Development.
• Assist Management Committee and Senior Vice President of Development in the establishment and refinement of best practices of standards of excellence.
• Assist in informing Ownership of issues affecting development process and suggest procedures to facilitate training and correction on future projects.
• Demonstrate proficiency in the implementation of industry standard practices.
- Project Management
- Hospitality / Entertainment
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.