Sealy & Company is a fully-integrated commercial real estate investment and operating company. Sealy is a recognized leader in acquiring, developing, and redeveloping regional distribution warehouse, industrial/flex, and other industrial properties located primarily in the southeastern, south-central, and southwestern United States. Sealy has in-house capabilities that include investment, development, asset management, property management, marketing, leasing, and brokerage services. Sealy & Company has an exceptional team of over 90 employees, located in eight offices, with corporate offices in Dallas, TX and Shreveport, LA. »
Sealy currently has an opening for a Property Manager in our Shreveport office. Candidates must be attracted to a fast-paced environment where responsiveness and customer service are highly valued. A predisposition towards teamwork and personal responsibility will be critical to a candidate’s success as well as a strong set of customer service skills. This position will be responsible for Industrial, Office and Retail portfolios in the Shreveport and Marshall Texas area markets.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage the day-to-day property operations of approximately 1.6MM S.F.
- Responsible for maintaining properties in good order and condition by contracting and scheduling necessary repairs and maintenance and managing vendors.
- Establishes and maintains tenant relationships.
- Negotiates maintenance contracts with vendors. Receives/ reviews bids and certificates of insurance.
- Responsible for administrative activities-completing lease paperwork, maintaining property records, preparing routine reports, processing accounting data, and processing work orders.
- In collaboration with regional management, prepares property budgets.
- Complete property inspections.
- Responsible for compiling information for preparing and reviewing financial reports.
- Assists in the annual reconciliation of common area maintenance charges.
- Oversees and directs activities of Property Services Coordinator and Manager - Construction.
- In conjunction with Manager – Construction oversee preparation of construction documents (contracts, bids) and for managing construction projects.
- Responsible for reviewing and approving pay applications as related to construction.
- Performs other duties as assigned, some of which may be essential to the job.
- Responsible for supervising assigned human resources.
- Acts as a resource person in the resolution of more difficult administrative problems.
- Knowledge of facilities and properties management acquired through completion of a bachelor’s degree in business or property management. Three to five years related.
- Computer skills – Word/Excel.
- Internal Contacts: Leasing, operations and accounting staff regarding leases, accounts, payments and budget variances.
- External Contacts: Vendors regarding repairs or maintenance at the properties; tenants to answer questions and solve problems.
- Real estate accounting software experience a plus – Yardi preferred.
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures, financial reporting/ general business operations.
- Self-motivated and independent thinker.
- Well organized, self-starter.
- Time management, able to multi task.
- Must have the ability to work in a high paced environment.
- Work independently as well as with a team.
Sealy & Company offers a competitive salary as well as comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage, and 401(k).
Qualified applicants please reference SHV-PM.
Sealy & Company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Facilities Management
- Portfolio Management
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job