Sealy & Company is a fully-integrated commercial real estate investment and operating company. Sealy is a recognized leader in acquiring, developing, and redeveloping regional distribution warehouse, industrial/flex, and other industrial properties located primarily in the southeastern, south-central, and southwestern United States. Sealy has in-house capabilities that include investment, development, asset management, property management, marketing, leasing, and brokerage services. Sealy & Company has an exceptional team of over 90 employees, located in eight offices, with corporate offices in Dallas, TX and Shreveport, LA.
Sealy currently has an opening for an Associate Asset Manager in our corporate office. This position is responsible for assisting in maximizing value and thereby return on the company’s commercial real estate portfolio. The Associate Asset Manager will have a concentration on maintaining and utilization of Argus modeling. They will also be responsible for financial reporting on the actual results of each portfolio versus the original investment strategies on a periodic basis, will coordinate his(her) efforts in value creation and property management with the COO, Acquisitions Team, Property Managers, Leasing Managers/Agents Accounting and other resources or departments.
- Become an expert on Argus modeling with respect to both single partnerships, and complex portfolios.
- Fully understand each portfolio’s original underwritten investment strategy and the objectives of the interested parties but not limited to the company and its investors.
- Work closely with the Chief Operating Officer and the Asset Management team in implementing the execution of each portfolio’s investment strategy (as approved by senior management), through financial forecasting, assisting the leasing team in valuing lease terms, and integration of the property management process between corporate headquarters and the onsite property management team.
- Proactively recommending changes to the original investment strategies or the budget/forecast to the Director of Asset Manager as necessary to maximize the return to investors.
- Oversee and participate in the annual budget process for each assigned asset to ensure the annual budget is consistent with the underwritten plan for each property and facilitates the existing strategy for each property.
- Analyzing and monitoring actual financial results and leasing performance of each assigned portfolio versus the original investment strategy and the current year budget/forecast, to ensure successful implementation.
- Ensuring short-term and long-term capital, cash and escrow/reserve needs are met via reforecasts of assigned properties – to ensure sufficient capital to meet each properties’ current performance and projected changes in performance.
- Understanding and implementing the corporate policies and procedures of the company to ensure cohesive operation between each portfolio and the company’s overall portfolio.
- Facilitate reporting of operational information to the COO and PM to allow an understanding of operating results of each property and how to impact the results.
- Perform special projects as required which may include investment analysis, capital calls, investor updates, property tours, etc.
- Degree in Finance or Accounting, with an MBA or Master’s degree in Real Estate or qualifying experience.
- Argus experience is a plus, but not required.
- Financial Modeling experience is a requirement.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be confident in working with all levels of management.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using Microsoft Excel for cash flow modeling. Argus modeling experience would also be preferred.
- Position requires excellent organization skills, ad-hoc report writing experience, and extensive spreadsheet experience.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills and direct experience evaluating and underwriting transactions, building transaction models, and doing market research.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to perform under quick timeframes and under pressure.
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills.
- Ability to rapidly develop strong skills and knowledge in the areas of valuation modeling, appraisal analysis, and joint venture structures.
- Real estate experience is preferred but not required. Ideal candidate possesses three to five years of experience in commercial real estate area including finance, banking, equity and property/asset management.
- Yardi real estate accounting software experience a plus.
Sealy & Company offers a competitive salary as well as comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage, and 401(k). To learn about our Company, log on to our website.
Sealy & Company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Asset Management
- Financial Analysis
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job