Summary At Mack Real Estate Group (“MREG”), we look to attract and retain the brightest minds in the business, hiring professionals across a wide range of disciplines with a passion for real estate. Our employees are integral to the firm’s identity, contributing to a culture of integrity, professionalism, and excellence. It is our dedication and passion for our work that has helped MREG become a trusted partner for some of the largest institutional investors in the world. We encourage independent thinking, emphasize collaboration and reward initiative, while providing services to help employees grow professionally. While MREG is opportunistic and maintains a flexible approach to real estate investment, the current equity investment focus is on urban multifamily development and investment in high barrier to entry, major US urban markets.
MREG was founded in 2013 by William, Richard, and Stephen Mack (collectively, the “MREG Principals”). MREG is an integrated owner, operator, developer and lender devoted to managing institutional capital, high net worth capital, and the Mack family’s capital through direct and partnership investments in real property, real estate debt, and related securities. The MREG Principals have decades of combined global real estate investing experience. MREG is headquartered in New York City and has development offices in Los Angeles and Seattle. MREG and its commonly controlled affiliates have approximately 200 professionals.
While the company is opportunistic and maintains a flexible approach to real estate investment, the current equity investment focus is on urban multifamily development and investment in high barrier to entry, major US urban markets. MREG has approximately 6,000 units in various stages of development and operation.
Mack Real Estate Credit Strategies, L.P. is the credit investing platform affiliated with MREG that was founded in 2014.
Winthrop Management, LP, a commonly controlled affiliate of MREG, provides comprehensive property management and construction management services. Winthrop currently manages over 4,000 rental units and over five million commercial square feet. Winthrop has approximately 130 professionals in markets throughout the U.S.Essential Functions
MREG offers Analysts the opportunity to work collaboratively as a member of the Acquisitions team to evaluate potential real estate investments in the western U.S. Responsibilities will consist of researching, reviewing, and understanding individual property performance and market dynamics. Additionally, Analysts will apply various valuation techniques, such as discounted cash flow, comparable property sales, and direct capitalization to value current and potential investments. Applicants must demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills. MREG is seeking individuals that are able to work both independently and as a productive member of the investment team. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Conducting market research
- Underwriting new investment opportunities
- Reviewing cash flows, financial statements, and pro forma assumptions
- Preparing investor presentations
- Document control related to due diligence processes
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Applicants should have 1-4 years of relevant experience
- Strong analytical/quantitative skills, with rigorous attention to detail and ability to think critically and proactively
- Effective and concise writing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, and Word
- Knowledge of financial concepts (i.e. internal rate of return and net present value)
- Strong team player and strong interpersonal/communication skills
- “Self-starter” attitude matched with an ability to organize, multi-task, and prioritize in order to meet critical deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced, creative, and entrepreneurial environment
- Research/Market Analysis
- Alternative Investments
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.