Minneapolis, MN based family office is seeking an Associate/Sr. Analyst to support the continued growth of its Real Estate Private Equity platform. The firm invests its own capital and that of other family offices and institutions with a primary focus on opportunistic and value-add public and private market strategies in commercial real estate, consumer products, and airline/aircraft related businesses.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated to add value in multiple ways to a growing, well-capitalized platform and gain a wide range of experience across multiple projects and investment strategies.
The Associate/Sr. Analyst will play an important role in supporting the sourcing, underwriting, and execution of various investments including developments, redevelopments and acquisitions alongside senior management. You will be involved in all aspects of the deal process including market research, strategy, sourcing, financial analysis, due diligence, financing, business plan development, closing, and operating.
- Help build and maintain robust deal sourcing pipeline and CRM
- Build and maintain detailed financial models utilizing Excel and Argus for acquisition and development projects that incorporate various scenarios and sensitivity analyses
- Assist in negotiations with lenders and investors through the analysis of various capital structures and cash flow distribution waterfalls
- Perform in-depth research of markets, comps, and development sites
- Review offering memorandums, tour properties, and interface with brokers
- Prepare presentations and materials for the investment committee, investors, and lenders
- Manage due diligence, including the analysis and review of market data, financial statements, development budgets, 3rd party reports, and legal documentation
- Coordinate closings of transactions and correspondence between internal departments and external parties
- Support asset management activities, including repositioning strategies, refinancings, and dispositions
- Excellent undergraduate record
- 2-5 years of work experience in either a transaction-oriented real estate role (private equity, acquisitions, development, structured finance, investment sales) or investment banking analyst program
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel (candidates will be tested)
- Experience with Argus is preferred, but not required
- Basic knowledge of real estate finance, valuation, and capital markets
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Must possess meticulous attention to detail and take pride in their work
- Self-motivated and proactive individual who is resourceful and can work well independently
- Superior organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple workstreams
- Thoughtful presentation and communication skills with the ability to think like an investor and articulate assumptions, conclusions, and recommendations from their analysis
- Team player suited to work within an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture
- Candidates must be willing to be located in Minneapolis, MN
- Financial Analysis
- Alternative Investments
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.