The Senior Analyst supports the execution of the Company’s investment platform by performing financial analyses of investment opportunities, preparing appropriate documents to facilitate the underwriting and closing of real estate transactions, interfacing with brokers, equity partners, institutional clients, and the Company’s investment leadership, and tracking and reporting on the status of multifamily transactions within the assigned geographic markets.
- Conducts financial analysis of investment opportunities, including the creation of detailed pro-forma and financial models. Gathers, compiles, investigates, and analyzes market data to identify potential investment opportunities, and prepares narrative investment memoranda, detailed reports, and market summaries that provide insights on proposed acquisitions.
- Establishes and maintains productive relationships with local market brokers, institutional and equity partners, lenders, real estate owners, and other key stakeholders, and appropriately manages on-going communications related to proposed investment transactions.
- Identifies, investigates, and refers potential acquisitions, , and other real estate transactions to appropriate Greystar leadership, and assists in preparing financial, market, and other documents required for new business pitches and RFPs.
- Organizes, leads, and/or participates in the due diligence on acquisitions under contract, and develops documentation and recommendations on key findings that may affect the return and financial performance of the proposed deal.
- Monitors and reports on the status and progress of proposed acquisitions transactions within the assigned geographic region, establishes critical timelines and deadlines for tasks and activities related to the proposed transaction, and identifies and effectively addresses issues or problems that could otherwise adversely affect closing.
- Completes various human resources, financial, administrative, and other reports and analysis, and performs other duties as assigned or as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to develop, comprehend, and complete legal, financial, human resources, and other business documents and to provide updates and reports to owners and key business leaders.
- Expert-level proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet (Excel), and database management programs in order to complete, design, and develop required reports and documents. Experience in Timberline and other Company software applications related to budgeting and overall project management.
- Demonstrated mathematical skills necessary to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers, decimals, and fractions, and calculate percents in order to complete financial records, budgets, and other fiscal reporting information.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-management skills in order to establish, cultivate, and maintain productive relationships with brokers, institutional and equity partners, owners, lenders, and the variety of potential clients with whom Greystar does business.
- Strong organizational, time-management, and project management skills in order to effectively track, report, and manage multiple projects and priorities where meeting deadlines is critical.
- Investment Management
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.