citizenM is a hotel providing affordable luxury for the mobile citizens of the world. With style that'll knock your socks off, we offer citizens a real home from home, plus the world’s fluffiest pillows. Our typical guest is a frequent traveler who is quality and design driven, and cost conscious.
We currently have hotels in Amsterdam, London, Glasgow, New York and Paris, with more to come in Europe the USA and Asia. We are proud to have put the hospitality back into the hospitality industry, and have received numerous awards for our groundbreaking approach.
citizenM is a fully integrated hotel investor, developer, operator and lifestyle brand. The Development & Investment team is responsible for the real estate growth of citizenM into selected target markets throughout North America, Europe and Asia Pacific, preferably through its own investment vehicles. The strategy is based on developing an “asset heavy” portfolio with multiple hotels in core markets.
The Development & Investment Director, North America is responsible for securing development and investment opportunities to expand citizenM in selected target markets in the US and Canada. The primary responsibility will be the sourcing, underwriting, and closing of new principal investments in these target markets. The Development & Investment Director, North America is also responsible for post-transaction investment management throughout the life cycle of a project.
- explore target markets, generate relevant exposure, and build extensive local networks (developers, brokers, investors, etc)
- coordinate analysis of target markets, together with Business Intelligence team
- pro-actively identify and follow up on investment opportunities in target markets
- manage feasibility analysis of development opportunities, including input from other key citizenM departments (Operations, Finance, Design & Technical Services, Project Management, etc.) as well as with external partners / advisors
- coordinate the production of internal decision making documents (feasibility analysis, due diligence reports, investment committee memos, etc.) for senior management and shareholders
- negotiate and close transactions (incl. legal documentation)
find suitable partners
- identify and follow up with development and/or JV partner candidates in target markets
- negotiate and close partnership transactions, on a project-basis or with programmatic scope (incl. legal documentation, due diligence and closing)
investment management (post-transaction)
- monitor compliance of development projects with approved investment parameters, from closing of an acquisition transaction until completion of the hotel
- interim investment updates and reporting to senior management, investment committee and shareholders
- manage feasibility analysis of proposed changes to development projects, including decision making documents (subsequent investment approvals, etc.)
qualifications / skills
- 5-10 years experience as a transaction-oriented (hotel) real estate professional
- finalized relevant academic education (commercial real estate or real estate related corporate finance / business administration etc.)
- extensive business network in major US markets
- experience working with institutional investors
- advanced proficiency in spreadsheets and financial modelling
- superior analytic, problem-solving, communication and negotiation skills
- ability to work both independently in local markets, as well within a cross-functional team environment
- strong time management skills with ability to prioritize effectively
- willingness to work in an entrepreneurial environment and perform multiple office related tasks and an open-minded attitude towards learning new skills
- fluent in English both orally and in writing, other languages are an advantage
The job is based in New York City and includes working in an international workplace, with frequent (50%) domestic and international travel
- Asset Management
- Research/Market Analysis
- Hospitality / Entertainment
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.