Realty Income is an S&P 500 company located in San Diego. Founded in 1969 and listed NYSE since 1994, we have delivered compound average annual total returns of ~16%. Realty Income owns more than 5,000 commercial real estate properties with an enterprise value of over $22 billion. Our tenants include companies such as Walgreens, FedEx, Treasury Wine Estates, 7-Eleven and Lifetime Fitness. In aggregate, we have tenants operating in nearly 50 industries across 49 states and Puerto Rico. Our company attracts individuals who value integrity, perseverance, and teamwork. If you appreciate working in a professional environment that rewards employees based on meritocracy and values a work-life balance, make sure to apply today! We are looking to hire an experienced Financial Reporting Director who will be responsible for management and oversight of staff that perform reporting functions, accuracy of recording and reporting for investment and capital raising activities. The Director of Financial Reporting will also responsible for review of quarterly and annual SEC filings, including Form 10-Q, 10-K, Proxy, 8-K, and Form 4s. They will frequently consult with other internal departments to perform research and communicate accounting and reporting implications of contemplated deals. The primary duties of the Director, Financial Reporting include: General Ledger:
- Oversight of accounting staff that is responsible for recording monthly transactions including accounting for acquisition of fixed assets and consolidation activities.
- Key individual responsible for Investment Management module of Yardi and applicable trouble-shooting for consolidation roll-up.
- Oversight of the ASC 805 internal valuation procedures, including responsibility for accuracy of assets recorded to the GL and fixed asset software. Ensure policies are followed and reviews are completed by accounting team.
- Electronic wire approvals.
- Oversight of staff that is responsible for compilation of financial data into required internal and external quarterly reporting packages including SEC filings.
- Review of quarter end financial statements and earnings metrics (balance sheet, income statement, FFO, other performance metrics).
- Review drafts of documents to be filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), including Form 10-Ks, Form 10-Qs, Proxy, Form 8-Ks, Section 16 Forms 3, 4 & 5 and prospectuses for note/stock offerings.
- Administrator of Workiva software, which is used for internal preparation and filing of SEC filings.
- Tracking and forecasting of stock compensation within Equity Edge software.
- Facilitate quarterly Disclosure Committee meetings with key members of management.
- Coordination with external auditors and attorneys to ensure questions and/or concerns identified are addressed and disclosed appropriately.
- Review of financial data included in Investor Presentations and management earnings release scripts.
- Oversight of XBRL tagging of documents filed with the SEC.
- Oversight of research performed on new accounting literature and/or accounting issues as they arise.
- Presentation to the Board of Directors on topics requested.
- Oversee software implementation as needed.
- Assist with executive compensation analysis and explanation of financial impact of awards, including preparation of data provided to external compensation consultants.
- Assist Controller, and CFO with special projects.
- Assist with Sarbanes-Oxley 404 control and policy maintenance.
- Assist with answering questions and providing document to the external auditors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 4-year Bachelor s degree.
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience.
- Certified Public Accountant.
- Work experience must include a publicly traded company with SEC reporting requirements
- Mix of Big 4 Accounting and REIT industry experience required.
- Must be detail-oriented and possess: problem solving/analytical abilities, time management skills, and critical-thinking ability.
- Strong financial acumen; including the ability to prepare and analyze financial statements. Must have a clear and thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Standards and SEC reporting requirements.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex accounting issues to very senior levels of management.
- Ability to facilitate communication between different individuals/departments in a language/style that can be understood by all involved parties
- Accounting / Control
- Financial Analysis