Summary of Position:
The Asset Management Analyst will be responsible for assisting the Head of Asset Management team in all Asset Management functions. The Analyst will be primarily focused on the company’s national holdings outside of NYC.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Assist with asset management duties including financial modeling (primarily Excel based analyses), project management, client reporting and property valuation analysis and completing ad-hoc requests.
2. Provide operational guidance, financial oversight and consultation to property management, marketing, and leasing agent personnel based upon the strategic plan with respect to each property.
3. Ensure assets are being operated in a manner consistent with the project’s business plan, joint-venture operating agreements, and loan documents.
4. Prepare investor, lender, and internal reports on an ad-hoc, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
5. Preparation of periodic Investor Reports (monthly, quarterly, annually – as required) to communicate investment performance and highlight accomplishments and challenges to AM Team, Managing Partners, Investment Committee and Investors.
6. In conjunction with the property management team, establish the annual budget (capital and operating) and business plan.
7. Act as a company representative and point of contact with lenders, institutional investors, vendors, and contractors.
8. Prepare ad-hoc analysis in Excel to analyze trends and/or property metrics and assist with special projects, as needed.
9. Assist, as needed, with the underwriting, due diligence, capital markets and closing processes of acquisition and redevelopment opportunities.
10. Coordinate with Acquisitions team to provide investment strategy, business plan and initial budget for new investment opportunities.
11. Periodic communications with investors as required and as appropriate to inform of relevant performance issues or events (property damage, liabilities, etc.) affecting the investment performance.
12. Provide cash forecasting and assist with cash distribution analysis.
1. Bachelor’s degree – real estate, finance, or accounting.
2. Minimum of 1 to 4 years relevant acquisitions/underwriting/asset management experience with an owner, investor/operator.
3. Strong writing, communication and presentation skills.
4. Experience in real estate development is required; experience in NYC condo projects is preferred.
5. Strong work ethic, integrity and commitment to meet deadlines are essential candidate attributes.
6. Must have an awareness and understanding of project goals and ability to develop and monitor specific plans.
7. Able to read and interpret financial statements.
8. Ability to work individually or on a team.
9. Excellent Microsoft Excel skills.
10. Highly organized, detail oriented with the ability to work independently balancing multiple projects.
- Financial Analysis
- Investment Management
- Investor Relations
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job