Macerich is seeking an Assistant Project Manager (APM) who will be responsible for assisting in the planning, coordination and management of various aspects of construction projects at each assigned property. The Assistant Project Manager position is a mid-entry level role. The APM will assist and oversee various aspects of construction projects at operating centers, collaborating with peers in Development, Design, Tenant Coordination, Leasing, Accounting/Finance, Department Store/Anchor Tenant Leasing, Risk Management, IT, and Property Management/Operations. Core Functions
- Work with other Assistant Vice Presidents, Sr. Managers and other company departments to accomplish development projects in all phases and aspects of the assigned construction projects.
- Work with senior members of the team to maintain conceptual budgets, schedules and site logistics/phasing plans.
- Assist team leader in the management of the consultants for construction projects.
- Assist with contract and change order management.
- Maintain project document control.
- Participate in contract and scope review for assigned projects.
- Work with senior members of the team to engage general contractors for construction projects.
- Coordinate and participate in all pre-construction and construction meetings.
- Serve as a secondary point of contact for General Contractors and field staff
- Coordinate schedules and design with Development, Design and Construction where necessary to ensure smooth flow of timely delivery and completion of projects.
- From time to time, may serve in Project Management capacity to manage projects; amount and/or size of projects may vary by overall workload of company.
- Understand and enforce the company Minimum Technical Specifications (MTS).
- All other duties as required. Requirements and Qualifications
- Degree in Construction Management, Design, or Architecture and a minimum of three years experience in one of these fields.
- Supplemental education from ICSC or related industry group is a plus.
- Ability to read and comprehend construction drawings.
- Construction background is preferred.
- Must be willing to travel between local properties and some out of state.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project. Experience with Primavera P6 scheduling a plus.
- Familiarity with cost management programs such as Yardi or Primavera.
- Experience with electronic document control programs such as PlanGrid.
- Applicant must have the physical capability to perform all core functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the core functions of the job. **Please include your resume with submission.
- Architecture / Design
- Project Management
Apply for this job