The Mortgage Analyst will work with a team of highly motivated mortgage banking professionals in a fast-paced, highly specialized real estate finance operation. The employee will assist the SBL Production team by analyzing multifamily mortgage loan opportunities with an emphasis on Small Balance loan executions (Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac). Specifically, the Mortgage Analyst will assist in: i) the sizing and pricing of loan requests; ii) preparation of credit and pricing waivers; iii) preparation of loan quotes and application letters; and iv) Coordination of basic loan package due diligence. The Mortgage Analyst will have extensive interaction with intermediaries, borrowers and third party vendors to screen and quote small balance loans nationwide. It is expected that the team member will develop the knowledge and skills necessary to progress into a Mortgage Loan Underwriter or Originator.
- Learn and apply a thorough knowledge of Red Capital Group policies, processes and procedures.
- Become fully versed in applicable Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac programs, policies and procedures, with an emphasis on the Small Balance Loan programs.
- Develop a thorough understanding of Small Loan processes to support overall origination effort and ensure timely execution.
- Support national SBL loan production team with analysis and origination of small balance loans.
- Ability to manage a pipeline of business and simultaneous projects.
- Report directly to the Head of SBL Production on transactional issues and deal flow.
- Assist Originators and Underwriters in gathering information and accurately prepare and review Preliminary Loan Analyses (“PLA’s”), loan quotes and firm application packages for mortgage loan opportunities for the various loan products. This includes thoroughly analyzing/spreading operating statements for loan transactions.
- Communicate clearly with intermediaries, borrowers, third party providers, originators, underwriters and others to facilitate transaction execution.
- Identify and assist in solving underwriting and policy issues.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must be willing to travel for property site inspections if requested by SBL Management.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Finance or Accounting concentration a plus. Equivalent amount of relevant experience and education may be considered.
- Commercial lending or appraisal/appraisal apprentice experience preferred.
- Experience with Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Conduit, Life Company or FHA programs a plus.
- Ability to work well under pressure and adjust to varied workloads.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint).
- Position requires ability to travel on a limited basis.
- Requires an independent worker with good project management knowledge and ability to adjust to ever changing environment.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Financial Analysis
- Research/Market Analysis
- Alternative Investments
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job