Boston Financial Investment Management, LP is one of the largest multi-family investment managers of low-income housing in the U.S. The firm specializes in low-income housing tax credit (LIHTC) investment syndication and asset management. Boston Financial is a wholly owned subsidiary of ORIX, USA.
- Manage several key institutional investor relationships, both new and existing, investing in affordable housing across the country. Participate in steering committee regarding the structuring, pricing, and issue identification for all transactions.
- Work with the proprietary investors to find investments nationwide that meet their objectives and facilitate their due diligence and closing process, including working with their legal and financial advisors and coordinating and conducting site visits.
- Manage and facilitate the due diligence review of multi-investor fund investors and their counsel, taking them through to the ultimate closing of their investments in both regional and national funds.
- Prepare, review and coordinate materials to be sent to investors on all deals throughout their life cycle. Responsibilities include approving materials such as Benefits Schedule, Initial Placement Screening Form (or equivalent upfront offering information), Screening Committee Package and final Capital Committee Package for quality, accuracy and appropriate disclosure of investment risks and mitigants.
- Work with Originators and Credit & Underwriting from deal inception through closing to ultimately place transactions with investors. This will entail fielding questions from investors and proposing solutions to issues as they arise.
- Work with legal (internal/external) to create fund offering materials, including Offering Memo, Partnership Agreement, investor closing documents (subscription docs).
- Work closely within the Syndication Group as well as the Fund and Asset Management departments essential to providing strong upfront & on-going customer service.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or Business
- Minimum of 5 years LIHTC equity underwriting experience
- 8-10 years related experience
- Proficient with MS Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior management and clients
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and be creative with problem-solving
- Attention to detail
- Investor Relations
7+ to 10 years