RAS Management Group currently has a portfolio consisting of over 1,100 apartments located throughout the Southeast. This portfolio is projected to double within the next year. RAS is seeking a Regional Property Manager based in its Boca Raton, Florida corporate offices. The Regional Property Manager’s primary purpose is to maximize the company’s long-term profitability by optimizing the occupancy and the revenue and expenses of an asset portfolio of multi-family residential real estate.
Responsible for the administration and management of those assets by supervising, directing and leading the team of on-site property managers who operate the properties. This role also has budget, business and strategic development responsibilities relative to the company’s apartment communities located throughout the southeastern United States.
The Regional Property Manager will develop a vision for the successful operation of each property specifically designed for each location and market. The vision will be implemented through the on-site property managers.
Aspects of this vision will include:
- cost-effectively building resident relationships
- generating an environment that draws residents to and retains them on the properties
- being proactive rather than reactive with creation and implementation of leasing programs
- evaluating the effectiveness of the company’s marketing plans
- ensuring proactive maintenance of the property
- fostering the facilitation of positive vendor relations
- addressing problems in a manner that demonstrates value to the resident
- overseeing the implementation of proper administration and accounting procedures.
To accomplish this, the Regional Property Manager will ensure that each property is staffed with a cohesive and highly competent team of company employees and vendors who can share the vision for the property. The Regional Property Manager will lead both directly and through the team of on-site property managers all of whom exhibit management, motivation, and delegation skills. A primary focus of the Regional Property Manager is to be a direct point of contact for the company’s various on-site property managers and to continue and develop ongoing relationships with them.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead, manage, and motivate staff and vendors.
- Periodically inspect the buildings, grounds, vacant and occupied spaces to determine repairs or maintenance required to maintain high quality appearance and building/property condition. Develop preventive maintenance programs with on-site managers and maintenance personnel, including necessary preparation for seasonal variations.
- Become familiar with resident leases so as to be able to oversee the review and investigation of resident complaints and lease questions.
- Oversee the follow-up with residents in a timely manner on resolution of complaints, status of tenant service requests, and miscellaneous resident requirements.
- Build resident loyalty by having a total-service approach to the job.
- Coordinate and monitor billing of all fees and expenses for residents.
- Research and provide information on operating costs and maintenance requests.
- Maintain and enforce all service contracts and contractor relationships required by the property.
- Review monthly general ledger and balance sheet. Review and analyze standard monthly reports including tenant rent rolls, balance sheets, variance reports, project lists, rent projections, cash flow projections and aged delinquency reports.
- Contribute to sales and leasing by working in cooperation with the property leasing teams to ensure each property is marketable primarily based on value, not solely on price. Support leasing activities and the negotiation process.
- Promote special projects and resident events as appropriate to each property.
- Oversee the supervision of all maintenance programs relating to interior and exterior condition and appearance of the property.
- Development and implementation of a standardized Employee Handbook and Tenant Handbook for all properties.
- Develop procedures and see to their implementation for a positive and prompt response to requests from residents and to the implementation of ongoing contact programs to constantly assess residents’ needs and to assure problems are being solved promptly and to the mutual benefit of the resident and the property.
- Has final approval for the selection of outside contract services and vendors. If necessary, participate in the negotiation of service agreements and ensure that there is day-to-day monitoring of vendor performance to assure full compliance with standards established within the service agreement.
- Responsible for the development and administration of the Business Plan, Action Plan, and Budget for the property. Upon approval of the Business Plan, Action Plan, and Budget, the Regional Property Manager is accountable for maintaining management practices within the parameters of the approved Business Plans, Action Plans, and Budget.
- Accountable for the collection, analysis, and reporting of such data as may be required to provide an accurate and current assessment of building management results.
- Responsible for the administration of all resident leases in full compliance with lease provisions. Regional Property Manager is responsible for the timely determination of escalations.
- Responsible for ongoing meaningful communications with the owner’s representative of the property. Responsible for understanding and accomplishing the owner’s goals and objectives for the project.
- Overseeing those responsible for the day-to-day financial management of the property with specific attention to accounts receivable, collection activities, financial analysis, maintenance of accounts payable on a current basis (taking advantage of discounts wherever possible) and the maintenance of all necessary financial records and files in an accurate and timely manner.
- Charged with full compliance of all policies and procedures with respect to the administration of personnel employed, as part of the approved staffing tables.
- Accountability for compliance with on-the-job training activities for subordinates and trainees, working within the policies and procedures set out by the management company.
- Expected to be thoroughly knowledgeable of the following aspects of Property Management:
- Resident Relations
- RealPage / One Site Leasing & Rent and accounting software
- Budgeting – creation, implementation and monitoring
- Work order systems
- Contract services administration
- Lease administration
- Leasing – strategies and negotiation
- Engineering and preventive maintenance
- Energy management
- Accounting and financial analysis
- Business plan
- Activity reports
- Emergency procedures
- Policy manuals and administration
- Partner and development office relations
- Operations sequence
- Personnel administration
- Employee relations
- Management skills
- Real estate tax assessment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven ability to lead a team.
- Minimum of 7 years work experience in residential real estate property management.
- Basic understanding of accounting and financial statement presentation.
- Customer service experience.
- Experience with monthly reporting, budgeting, contract administration, and leasing for residential properties. Ability to analyze legal documents and financial reports.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment with positive attitude.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Proven ability to multi-task.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to maintain focus in a fast-paced environment with many daily interruptions.
- High level of computer skills necessary to execute the job functions effectively — MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
This description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this job. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
We are a privately held real estate organization specializing in the property management, leasing and sales for the properties held by its affiliated companies. We distinguish ourselves by the qualifications and depth of our personnel and affiliates who offer a high level of real estate experience, diversified educational backgrounds and multi-disciplinary technical skills. Our professional staff includes personnel with financial, accounting, banking, brokerage and marketing experience. This diversity of skills enables us to achieve the highest possible financial returns for our properties. We have a history of realizing strong cash-flow, above-average rents and streamlined operational expenses which ultimately leads to increased property values.
- Financial Analysis
- Property Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.