City Urban Realty LLC (CUR) is a privately held, New York City based real estate investment firm founded in 2010. With direct focus on multifamily, retail and commercial assets in the New York City region, CUR is an organization that combines institutional infrastructure and an entrepreneurial culture to navigate the constantly evolving and highly sophisticated markets. CUR’s principals combined have 30 plus years of experience in acquiring, operating and managing real estate. In that time its principals have completed in excess of $1 Billion in transactions.
CUR is seeking to hire a strong, analyst or associate level candidate to join its team. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, underwriting potential acquisitions, assisting with due diligence on transactions, sourcing of new opportunities, market research, performing financial analysis to support asset management and portfolio management activities, and leasing. It is essential that the individual is extremely proactive, detail oriented, highly capable of managing multiple roles and project accounts effectively and enjoys working in a team environment. The individual will have a hand in different aspects of the business and will be working closely alongside with senior level management.
- Create and maintain detailed financial analyses to evaluate prospective and existing investments.
- Perform detailed market research on supply/demand fundamentals, economic trends, comparable sales and lease transactions, etc.
- Prepare investment memoranda and presentation materials.
- Support deal team to negotiate and close acquisitions, refinancing’s and recapitalizations.
- Assist in performing acquisition due diligence, including reviewing leases, contracts, historical operating statements, etc.
- Work closely with existing and create new brokerage relationships.
- Generate potential acquisition leads through targeted canvassing and cold calling.
- Networking within the industry to expand CUR’s presence in the market place among the candidate’s peer group.
- Work alongside property management to actively monitor and assist with owned assets.
- Develop and implement asset-specific and portfolio-wide strategies to create stronger efficiencies.
- Seek out and capitalize on opportunities to improve cash flow and reduce expenses through market data and analysis.
- Arrange showings and schedule tours and open houses for residential rental units.
- Assist in leasing coordination with outside commercial brokers.
- Identify and form relationships with market-specific brokers and agents.
- Maintain and add contacts to internal broker database.
- Ideal candidate has 2-4 years of experience in investment real estate, preferably in NYC.
- Experience working with a New York City real estate owner/developer/investor.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from 4-year college or university.
- Familiarity with NYC housing codes and programs such as rent control & stabilization, 421-A, SCRIE, IMD and Section-8 housing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Google Drive, Propertyshark, and Lavamap.
- Knowledge of Argus, CoStar, Buildium, Appfolio, Quickbooks, and/or Yardi a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be organized, detail oriented, analytical, and a self-starter.
- Highly motivated to work with the understanding the position requires early morning, weeknight and weekend hours and availability.
- Technology background a plus with up to date knowledge of latest industry startups, websites and hardware for implementation into portfolio and/or potential venture capital investment.
Please note this is for a full-time position. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
No direct calls please
- Asset Management
- Financial Analysis
- Alternative Investments
This job is no longer active.